Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Private Chat Logs

I did attempt a search on this with no relevant hits, and I couldn't find an exact phrase option, but I apologize if I've overlooked something.

Chat logs are stored in %appdata% but is there any way that searching for a specific log can be made easier if the user that the chat was shared with is not online to bring it up in the client? Or is there any other way that chat logs can be brought up within the client itself without the other user being online?

Logs from today are not appearing in appdata/roaming/chat that I can see. Is there a more specific place I should be browsing to?

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Problem solved, didn't realize that all conversations with one partner are stored in the same text file regardless of time. Sorry for the wasted post.
    Last edited by AvariceSyn; March 1st, 2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Resolved

Your logs are stored here C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\chats or
    C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\TS3client\ch ats

How is the code or the algorithm of the userfiles? It isn't the Public Unique ID. How can i get one file withou checking every file for the username?

Quote Originally Posted by Basert View Post
    How is the code or the algorithm of the userfiles? It isn't the Public Unique ID. How can i get one file withou checking every file for the username?
    Decode the public unique ID using base64decode. Encode the resulting 20 bytes using this pseudo base16 code:

Code:
            char conversionTable[] = { //converts 4bits to characters...so its basically our own base16 code
                    'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm', 'n', 'o', 'p'
            };
            std::string result;
            for(unsigned char* currentPos = data; currentPos != data + 20; ++currentPos) {
                    result += conversionTable[(*currentPos & 0xF0) >> 4];
                    result += conversionTable[(*currentPos & 0x0F)];
            }

Thanks. Will there be an option in TeamSpeak to see the chatlogs, if your buddy is offline, too? It would be easier

Thread Information