Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Sound going high pitch. Robotic?

Running, Windows 7 64 Bit, I have a Rock solid internet connection with 0 packet loss showing on TS. My DL speed is over 20MB, UL is 1MB. I am using a Creative Fatality 1 USB Gaming headset!
    Everything works fine and then it will go crazy on me, Its hard to describe but when the sound goes out it sounds like its going into super hyper drive, Peoples Voices go to a very high pitch and is distorted to the point where it requires me to shut down TS and reboot my entire system to fix the problem! Restarting TS in itself does not fix the problem!
    What I have done to fix it... Reinstall TS3 twice, reinstall Creative software. Changed sound quality settings. Reformatted HD, Swore, Begged, Cried, Prayed. And now I'm asking for help.
    Thanks in advance for any Ideas.

Hi. This sounds like something with the drivers of some sort.

When this happens is it just TS that has this weird sound or is it everything else as well? And maybe a recording could help us identify it.

BOI-Spaz

First of all thank you!
    Yes and No. I play Battlefield2 Bad Company and when the sound goes out it happens in my game aswell but as soon as I shut down my TS3 the game comes out of it (in slow motion, it takes about 10 or 15 sec.)but not the TS3. (shutting down TS and restarting it does nothing) The only way to resolve the issue it to Reboot my system,
    You might be right about the driver but if it is I dont think there is anything wrong with whats on my system in that respect. I feel as if the conflict is within TS itself since its the only application that I have any issues with.
    Perhaps I could try changing to my "physical" soundcard and then back to my headset to see if that would maybe help me from having to actually leave the game server and hope to get back on the same side as my teamates!
    Last edited by BOI-Spaz; March 4th, 2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks

Are there any errors in your client log? ( tools -> client log )
    Also what version of TS are you using? (have you tried the latest ? http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...le-for-testing )
    Other than that all i can suggest is making sure to have the latest drivers.
    Also another headset perhaps?
    Or another soundcard.

There are no errors that are saved to the file. I have seen them before so I will keep it in mind if/when it happend again I will be sure to save them!
    I downlaoded and am now using the latest TS and dident have any trouble last night but only gamed for about an hour! Tonight will be the big test since I will be gaming for a few hours and it happens to me every time I game for any length of time at all!
    Hopefully after tonight I can post a Resoved on this!
    Thanks again for your suggestions and taking the time to respond to this thread!

Did the RC1 release fix your problem?

Yes, I can say without a doubt that my issue has been taken care of. I wanted to mark as resolved but I guess I cant.

Thread Information