Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Edit second virtual server when muliple servers used

This is my situation, I want 2 servers up and running, one for use in my local network with portnummer 9987 and no password for clients to login and a second server for clients logging in from outside my local network using port 9988 and a client password.

I've taking the following steps:

I have setup a TS3 server, got my username, password and token and filled in the token. The S symbol appears behind my admin name, so far so good...

Next i went to Tools -> ServerQuery and started the following query to create a second server:

login serveradmin mypassword
    servercreate virtualserver_name=second_server virtualserver_port=9988 sid=2 token=daqCmka21sXaE20zjnFwFQsRIJ832Boc6S7dE2X
    The token used above is a totaly diffent token from the first one I got during the first installation.

now its possible to connect using the client to the second server on port 9988, no problem.

But now i want to edit the second server, create a password and edit some othe options, when i connect to it and rightclick on the servername and click on "Edit virtual server" everything is grayed out So I go to Permissions, Use privilage key and enter the token I have created in the serverquery.

But now i keep getting the message "invalid privilege key"

Also when i use the first token it keeps giving me the "invalid key" message allthough I understand that because i allready used it.

Does anyone know what i do wrong here?

Yeeeah !

Found the problem, this is what happened, the query i started whas:

login serveradmin mypassword
    servercreate virtualserver_name=second_server virtualserver_port=9988 sid=2 token=daqCmka21sXaE20zjnFwFQsRIJ832Boc6S7dE2X
    So I thought that the token for the second server would be the token that i gave it: daqCmka21sXaE20zjnFwFQsRIJ832Boc6S7dE2X

but thats not true (don't know why...) afters starting the query the result of the query displayed a different token and different sid, what's the point of putting a token in your query if it's not used at all....?

Well anyway, my problem is solved

Thread Information