Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Channel Display - Only Expand When Users Present

Hello,

I have one more suggestion for you guys....

Now in my TeamSpeak server I have many channels and sub-channels....
    Now when a client enter into my server a big list f all the channels arrive....
    This looks very ugly....

So you can integrate a option in the TeamSpeak to set a option by the server for keeping the sub-channels under a channel collapsed when a user enter by default....

There should be configurable options for it both in the server and client....

This will be a very nice thing for teamspeak........

Thanks.......
    Hope you guys will take my suggestion.........

Settings > Options > Design > Channel Tree > Expand ...
    Remember, also expand channels, where you are subscribed

This is the client option and it cannot be applied to all the users who will enter into the server....
    A server setting of this should be there............

The only thing would be to set i_channel_subscribe_power to -1. That would make it to where users could not see inside channels at all. In any case, this is something the client should have control over. People don't generally like it when you force their client to look a certain way. It's just annoying.

I didn't tell that there should be a option so that the users could be able to expand the collapsed channels...
    I told that the channels will collapsed by default from the server and users after joining the server can expand the channels they need......and collapse again the channels they don't need...

But by default the server everyone joining the server will see all the channels collapsed.....

Quote Originally Posted by farukhkhan View Post
    This is the client option and it cannot be applied to all the users who will enter into the server....
    A server setting of this should be there............
    I disagree that there should be a Server Option to force Clients to view at the Server in a specific way. Each User has it's own preferences about how something should look, or what looks 'good' and as such every User should be able to choose whatever they like best. (which in this case is already pretty much possible).

Quote Originally Posted by farukhkhan View Post
    I didn't tell that there should be a option so that the users could be able to expand the collapsed channels...
    I told that the channels will collapsed by default from the server and users after joining the server can expand the channels they need......and collapse again the channels they don't need...

But by default the server everyone joining the server will see all the channels collapsed.....
    Which would be forcing a view onto each User even though a subset of your Users might not even want that view and specificly configured their Client to view it the way the prefer. Now with your Suggestion it would mean that they would be forced to have a view they never wanted which would be bad.

I didn't tell that the user will be forced by this option....

The users will get a default channel viewing style set by the server...

But they can also able to add their own style.....

But a default system of channel categorizing will be there set by the server....

And that can be also configurable by the user....

We said already said, that this stays a client settings at all.
    Last edited by dante696; April 20th, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

That will be a hole or lack of the TeamSpeak....

No problem if you guys don't want to take my suggestion.....

Thanks......

The server never should set how the client looks like! This is wrong...
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Question Channel Display - Only Expand When Users Present

I'm a user/admin that has switched over to TS3 from Mumble for the all extra features TS3 provides.

I'm curious how I can get the channels to expand only when there are people inside the channels; right now all I can figure out is an all or none kind of thing. If I close the channel trees then I never see people join them and I don't want to leave every single tree open.

Take for example our TS3 Monitor on our website: advert removed

Same goes for my client; I don't want it to expand channels/sub-channels unless there's people in there.

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; July 17th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

non expand channels on login

one of my users suggestied a good idea, on my ts3 i have a lot of channels, he said a good idea would be that when a user joins all the channels that are not being used, are to be "non expanded" but only the ones that people are in to be expanded

ithought thats a good idea, to see what i mean view my ts
    advert removed

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; July 17th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

i think your needing the same as me, one of my users asked would it be possible that when he logs into my ts that he only sees the channels expanded that members are already in and the others not expanded

i posted something similar yesterday, but had no reply yet, have you worked it out?

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; July 17th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

ahh merged thread, cool, that means an admin is here ok

could there be an option made that a user could tick or untick for themselves like "collapse unused channels on login"

i think thats all whats being asked

We will discuss about that feature later. (does not mean, that we build in that requested feature)

I have created a ticket for that feature in our ticket system.

Thread Information