Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Deny SA to ignore a single channel's password

Hey guys,

on our TS3 Server we have several channels with password-protection. A single channel is used very often for "high-level talks" (at least for the community ^^). How can I avoid even SA's to join the channel without a password but joining other password-protected channels?

approach:

SA: b_channel_join_ignore_password [X] [ ] [ ] 70
    Channel: b_channel_join_ignore_password [ ] 75

It doesn't work (I thought so).

Can you help me and maybe tell my why it doesn't work?

Thank you for your realy good help in other topics,

Rob

The only way I can think of is to use join power assuming the channel would be reserved for senior admins or a set group. Unless you run your own server you'd need to create a new SA group with slightly lower values (74 or lower) for any/all permissions and retain the value of 75 for the current SA group. You could then set the needed_join_power to 75 and since the new admin group only has 74 they would not be able to join.

hmmm i think thats unfortunately not possible :/

Why can't I change single channel-permissions? I mean it seams to be logical, SA just has 70 ignore_password points and in a channel you need 75. But it doesn't work.

b_channel_join_ignore_password is a boolean permission which only can be 0 or 1. It is not possible to set a value like 70 or 75 for this permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie92 View Post
    SA: b_channel_join_ignore_password [X] [ ] [ ] 70
    Channel: b_channel_join_ignore_password [ ] 75
    Here you have set grant power. This means only who is allowed to grant this permission.

I have got your problem and I think it is not possible. If anyone has permission b_channel_join_ignore_password he can join every channel without using a password. It is not possible to exclude channels.

Problem is that permission b_channel_join_ignore_password is not allowed in channel permissions. I don't know reason for this. In my opinion it would be meaningful to set this permission in channels but developers have removed this possiblity a long time ago. In the first versions of Teamspeak 3 it was possible to set this permission in channels and channel groups and therefore to specify which channels can't be joined without password even if a user or group has permission b_channel_join_ignore_password.

Hello

It seams that you not really good understand the permission system particulary the "Grant Permission" (like it's wrote in your first post).
    The grant permission is like a "permission system in the groups permission system" and it's not really use for the server permission. Re-read the documentation.

As said Poisonpanik, set the Value of i_channel_join_power to 74 in the SA group and let the b_channel_join_ignore_password (for the other channels)

Now for this specific channel set (in the channel permission system) the Value of i_channel_needed_join_power to 75

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie92 View Post
    hmmm i think thats unfortunately not possible :/

Why can't I change single channel-permissions? I mean it seams to be logical, SA just has 70 ignore_password points and in a channel you need 75. But it doesn't work.
    The permission b_channel_join_ignore_password doesn't exist in the channel permissions. Why is it not possible to implement the solution I gave you? All you need to do is create a new group using the SA template as your base and change a few numbers.

@florian_fr40, poisonpanik

The problem with your suggestion is SAs can't join the channel even if they know the password. Trekie92 wants that SAs can join the channel if they know the password. If i_client_needed_join_power is to high SAs can't join this channel.

@Trekie92: Did I get you right?

You want a possibility to forbid SAs joining a specific channel if they don't know the password. If a SA knows the password he should be able to join.

If I get you right I don't know any possiblity to allow this. Either SAs can join every channel without password or they need password for every password protected channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    The problem with your suggestion is SAs can't join the channel even if they know the password. Trekie92 wants that SAs can join the channel if they know the password. If i_client_needed_join_power is to high SAs can't join this channel.
    You're wrong. They can join the channels. As long as there is no permissions (join permission) required on a channel.

Trekie92 talk about 1 channel ("high-level talks" as he wrote). If he set the join power only on this channel, there is no problem with other channels.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    As said Poisonpanik, set the Value of i_channel_join_power to 74 in the SA group and let the b_channel_join_ignore_password (for the other channels)

Now for this specific channel set (in the channel permission system) the Value of i_channel_needed_join_power to 75
    If I got you right he should set i_channel_needed_join_power to 75 and set i_channel_join_power of SA group to 74. Therefore SAs are not able to join this channel.

You're wrong. They can join the channels. As long as there is no permissions (join permission) required on a channel.
    Why I am wrong here? Why do you say there is no permissions required?

If I got you right he should set i_channel_needed_join_power to 75 and set i_channel_join_power of SA group to 74. Therefore SAs are not able to join this channel.
    not exactly, like I wrote :
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    So, Trekei92 have several channels with password. The SAs can join these channel and it's normal.
    But, there is 1 channel where the SAs are not allowed to join it. So in this channel (and only in this channel) Trekie92 have to set the needed_join_power.

The SAs haven't no problem to join other "password" channel (as longer as they haven't the needed_join_power).

But, there is 1 channel where the SAs are not allowed to join it.
    SAs are not allowed to join if they don't know the password. If a SA knows the password of the channel he should be able to join.

By default yes (b_channel_join_ignore_password), but Trekei92 didn't give more information if the SA must be join or not.

If a SA knows the password of the channel he should be able to join.
    Again no. In my previous post I wrote that this specific channel must have the needed_join_power (75). In this case same if the SA have the ignore_password permission, they can't join this channel, as asked Trekie92.

The power permission system is a priority to the password system in this case.

Yes, he can't join the channel. He can't join it no matter if he knows password or not.

However, Trekie92 wants that SA can join it if he knows the password.

However, Trekie92 wants that SA can join it if he knows the password.
    About this specific channel ? Where did you see that ?
    I'll wait the point of Trekie92.

Wow, this thread blew up... lol

@Ronald
    My understanding was that he wanted it so no SA could join the channel because SA by default has the password ignore enabled. They won't not need to know the password to join the channel in this case. I am sure Trekie92 will clarify this for all of us

Thread Information