Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a couple things you can try. I would probably recommend doing this before you go to bed or perhaps when you will be walking away from your pc for a bit. This will not get in the way of your daily things and you can simply do these while you sleep or whatever.

I want you to start task manager up and have the process tab showing. Then arrange by CPU so the process taking up the most sits on top. This way when it starts to freeze, hopefully the process causing it will be on top ( suspected to be ts3 of course but who knows? ).

I also would like to take somethings out of the equation. What i mean is completely take the sound out of the equation. There are two ways to connect, i will walk through both ways.

1. Connections -> Connect.
    2. Hit the more button if it is not already hit ( so you can see capture profile / playback profile on the bottom right)
    3. Change both of these profiles to none.

1. Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
    2. Select the server you will be connecting to
    3. Change capture profile / playback profile to none.

Now i want you to connect to the server. You should not hear a thing or be able to talk to anyone. Wait for crash. Make sure task manager is showing. Also note, it is possible that while you are away it freezes and then after a duration it works itself out and unfreezes. Looking at a way to extend the time frame of the processor graph. Will get back if i find it.

If it doesn't crash, then we know something is going on with the sound. We can slowly proceed from there and try and detect the problem. If it does crash, then this also tells us somethings. Then we can work toward something else besides sound problems.+
    Last edited by ZeroTKA; April 12th, 2011 at 01:33 AM.

Hello mate,

I have not had time to try the sound profile section of your post however did look in the task manager and Teamspeak is using 64mb of memory with a provision to go up to nearly 100mb if i'm getting alot of inbound/outbound comms.

I am going to hold off on the profile section as i've just had to swap out my logitech G19 for a standard Dell keyboard. The G19 was having some problems and kept losing connection to the USB ports even though they had a solid connection. Looks like a total loss of power to the keyboard, multiple USB ports produced the same issue. I swapped the keyboard over and had no USB issues HOWEVER i've also had no crashes.

Swapped the keyboard out at around 2100GMT yesterday evening and was on TS for a solid 3 hours with no issues. I was thrilled lol! I am praying it was the G19 causing my issues. I have a friend who had a G15 and apparantly he had loads of issues with it and TS. Hopefully its the same for me.

Again - Keyboard not considered as i've never had any problems with it before. Will not be impressed if it was the keyboard causing my issue after everything we've tried. Logitech will be getting an earful if it is haha!

Will post again if issue pops up tonight as i'm planning on doing some heavy gaming so it should push my machine.

A keyboard.. now that is not something i would have thought of

Hi, could you confirm that it was the keyboard causing you to crash?

I have a similar error, when I sit in TS3 and if it was either with other people or alone, I had my pc completely freeze on me. I have tried waiting for a few minutes and it stays frozen, this has happen twice now, both times just after installing ts3 and being on it. I tried now and my pc has been on for 1 hour without TS3 opened and everything runs fine. But it is really a stupid error, since I used this keyboard with TS3 before, but with Vista 32 bit (this pc is 7 64bit)

Question TS3 Freezes pc completely

Hello TS3 Forum.

When I installed TS3 on my new computer (Windows 7 64bit) I sat in a channel with 3 others, but after 20 minutes or so, my pc freezed completely and I couldn't do anything, everything was just frozen and I had to hold the power button to shut it down. I tried to go on TS3 again after the reboot and the same thing happened. Now after the second reboot, I chose not to open TS3 and now my pc is working perfectly, no crashing, no freezing, but it only seems to happen when I am on TS. I have updated realtek drivers from a few days ago and everything else should be up to date.

If anyone have any solution about this or if you need more information, please post here and help a brother out. I use TS alot and I depend on it during the day.

I tried turning on TS again and after 50 minutes, another freeze, tried to let the computer stand for 1 hour but didn't unfreeze, had to reboot with power button.

Hi Guys,

Well good news bad new here.

Bad news is the keyboard and mouse thing failed. It perlongs use a little but it still happens.

Not all bad news though. Myself and you guys are not the only ones scratching our heads. I have my TS3 server admin pulling his hair out and also my dad who is more geeky about IT than that geek off the IT crowd....anyway! The ONLY thing left that is not the same as my orginal install before this issue started is a feature that was put in to windows vista and 7 - Remote Differential Compression.

For those unfamiliar it calculates file transfers etc over a network and figures out how to do it using minimal bandwidth. Before this started it was turned on but after I reinstalled I left it switched off as I don't really transfer any files across a network so didn't see the point. I've switched it on again and will again test to see how this turns out.

You guys at TS3 will probably need to get a Knowledge base up IF & when we get this one sorted for people who have similar problems lol!

Ronar - Unsure as to what causes my problem. I would say follow the guidance the guys have giving me so far to see if any of it works for you

EDIT:

- Only been able to do it for maybe 2 hours but strangley enough - no crashes (while i've been present)

oh well, as long as you keep this thread updated and I will do the same, eventually I hope we will figure out what is wrong and a potential fix.

EDIT: Of what I was able to find while searching on the net, is that everyone with this issue with Freezing and TS3, are all using Windows 7 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronar View Post
    Hi, could you confirm that it was the keyboard causing you to crash?

I have a similar error, when I sit in TS3 and if it was either with other people or alone, I had my pc completely freeze on me. I have tried waiting for a few minutes and it stays frozen, this has happen twice now, both times just after installing ts3 and being on it. I tried now and my pc has been on for 1 hour without TS3 opened and everything runs fine. But it is really a stupid error, since I used this keyboard with TS3 before, but with Vista 32 bit (this pc is 7 64bit)
    I will also ask you to specify what exactly you mean by frozen? Do you mean like 100% absolutely frozen? No sound, no video, no mouse, no nothing? Or do you mean what Recon described as super slow motion sound or sound stuttering?

@Recon Keep us posted as always. I may not reply everytime you give an update about something but i'm always reading and i'll definitely post something if i think of something else.

Edit: Also, Ronar, what have you done to try and resolve this problem? Everything that recon has done or just a few here and there? Specifics will help.

Edit edit: Actually i just saw your other post. So i do know all my questions. I'll be replying to both of you here in this thread instead of going to the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    I will also ask you to specify what exactly you mean by frozen? Do you mean like 100% absolutely frozen? No sound, no video, no mouse, no nothing? Or do you mean what Recon described as super slow motion sound or sound stuttering?

@Recon Keep us posted as always. I may not reply everytime you give an update about something but i'm always reading and i'll definitely post something if i think of something else.

Edit: Also, Ronar, what have you done to try and resolve this problem? Everything that recon has done or just a few here and there? Specifics will help.
    I have not really done anything yet, my problem is similar to what @Recon is experiencing, but not the same. My screen 100% freezes, mouse frozen and all, last time I had lord of the rings Online opened, and a youtube song in the background when it froze, the song finished when the screen froze but then nothing else, had to reboot with power button.

@Ronar. I'll recap what happened in this thread and get you to answer the same questions so we can get both of you on the same page. Please be sure to answer each and all questions!

Is there anything in your client log from the crashes?

Have you noticed any consistencies with the crashing? Obviously TS3 is running. Perhaps a certain event triggers these crashes. For example maybe when you hit your PTT button or when you receive audio from people or is it completely random from what you can tell?

Out of curiousity what are you using for the playback modes / capture modes?

Are you in multiple servers at once? Like, do you have multiple tabs, and if so, do you have it hotkeyed?

Have you tried the new RC Versions or are you running 37? If you haven't tried the new RC, i would suggest trying.

And finally, you could try the following and post your results to help us narrow down the issue.

I have a couple things you can try. I would probably recommend doing this before you go to bed or perhaps when you will be walking away from your pc for a bit. This will not get in the way of your daily things and you can simply do these while you sleep or whatever.

I want you to start task manager up and have the process tab showing. Then arrange by CPU so the process taking up the most sits on top. This way when it starts to freeze, hopefully the process causing it will be on top ( suspected to be ts3 of course but who knows? ).

I also would like to take somethings out of the equation. What i mean is completely take the sound out of the equation. There are two ways to connect, i will walk through both ways.

1. Connections -> Connect.
    2. Hit the more button if it is not already hit ( so you can see capture profile / playback profile on the bottom right)
    3. Change both of these profiles to none.

Now i want you to connect to the server. You should not hear a thing or be able to talk to anyone. Wait for crash. Make sure task manager is showing. Also note, it is possible that while you are away it freezes and then after a duration it works itself out and unfreezes. Looking at a way to extend the time frame of the processor graph. Will get back if i find it.

If it doesn't crash, then we know something is going on with the sound. We can slowly proceed from there and try and detect the problem. If it does crash, then this also tells us somethings. Then we can work toward something else besides sound problems.

Could it be that the reason my pc is freezing, is not TS, but because my computer is overheating? http://img193.imageshack.us/i/temperatures.png/

These are my temperatures while I was playing APB, and i got crackling/static sound, if overheating is my issue, what can I do to reduce the heat, and what is cheapest?

My knowledge base isn't very wide for this type of thing. Usually when CPU is overheating i think of random reboots or shutdowns for no apparent reason. A graphics card overheating you can usually see the screen turn funny colors.

Someone else with more knowledge / google can help you more than i can.

But yes, you should definitely take care of overheating! if you don't this will surely cause problems later on.

What is that monitoring Ronar?

I would suggest using Hardware Monitor as it gives you a clearer picture of exactly what in your system is overheating (see img below for example - my machine)

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8497/tempsgq.jpg

Moving on to my issue still not 100% convinced its resolved but things are looking much better
    Last edited by Recon21288; April 16th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

UPDATE!

Well its still p*ssing me off, HOWEVER the crashes seem to be more random now and just bearable. I still hope that it will somehow just fix itself and it is not an issue with my machine or TS and its just one of those weird and wonderful things. If you guys do find out what is causing it though please post it up! I've giving up and will just live with it for the time being.

I hope the troubleshooting I have done helps other people having the same problem! (IF any).

Cheers for help anyway guys, you helped me partly resolve it atleast

Recon

Thread Information