Forum

more issues with pulseaudio

I'm currently running the TS3 client on Fedora 14 and having some issues with transmitting audio. After doing some research, I found that a similar problem had been occurring about a year ago, but a more recent update appears to have fixed that issue.

On my system, I'm able to receive audio without problems. However, on transmitting and testing capture volume, the input is very choppy. I can even see the input level on the teamspeak "test voice" meter lagging severely. Consequently, nobody on the teamspeak server can understand me; my voice comes through in small "chunks".

This issue has only cropped up as of my switch to new hardware. I did not experience this issue on an old AMD Athlon 64 running F14. My new AMD E-350 Zacate system is showing this problem however, with PulseAudio's process reaching 35% CPU usage. I've switched between ALSA and PulseAudio as my selected input sound system, with no change in performance.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

Some more information on this issue:

I installed Audacity to test recording there. When using the default input, I receive the same issue of high CPU usage as well as the sound stuttering.

However, in Audacity, I'm able to select "ALSA: HDA ATI SB: ALC892 Analog (HW:1,0)". Selecting this seems to fix the recording issues. I am able to record sound with no stutters.

When selecting ALSA in teamspeak, I have no options other than "Internal Analog Stereo", which produces the same results as the identical PulseAudio selections.

I continue to be baffled by this.

There is a new sound system work in progress for Linux and Mac OSX (windows version already exists). The developers don't try to fix old bugs, we hope your sound problem will be fixed automatically :-/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Must be some issue with Fedoras PulseAudio then.

I have used TeamSpeak 3.0.0-beta36 [Build: 12815] 64 bit since it was released 8th of November. About 4 hours a day since that. With some extremely fast calculations that is about 512 hours, never ever had any CPU issues since they fixed it.

I think it's actually more to do with the new AMD hardware architecture I'm running. The last box I had TS3 running on with the same version of Fedora still runs just fine. However, that was an old, power-hungry system that I'm replacing.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two systems is in the hardware, not the software

Keeping my fingers crossed that a new build of the sound system in TS will fix the issue, or at least provide a viable work-around for me.

Please read this post, to get a preview version of our nofmod version
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...950#post277950
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I ran the new build, and was experiencing the same issue. Unfortunately, it looks like this is probably not an issue with Teamspeak itself. This appears to be a problem with the Realtek drivers for the sound card on this motherboard (ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia).

Apparently this card has issues with ALSA for input. The best solution currently is to switch to OSS, which is not terribly feasible on a stock install of Fedora or Ubuntu.

Thanks for the assistance!

thought I would update this thread. Running the latest ubuntu (11.04) with the latest x64 linux teamspeak client has solved the issue . I had to set my capture mode to ALSA and my device to HDA ATI SB(ALC892 Analog) [plughw:1,0].

Interestingly, left at the default settings, teamspeak would crash when trying to capture sound with a segmentation fault.

Thread Information