Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up [Suggestion] Chat Window Detachment

Wouldn't it be possible to make a choice to set either chat happening in the lower part of the TS3 window or in a separate popup window, outside the client Window.

Many people dont notice when someone writes to them and not anyone likes to use "Text-to-Speech". And the occasional "bimmm" sound when someone writes something is hard to hear often.

A popup that would notify of a chat, and I dont mean just a notification mini popup, I mean the choice to also use the chat outside the main window.

I really would appreciate that.

Thats true, I also miss chat messages sometimes. Maybe it will be enough, if the system tray icon and status bar (of the TS3 client window) would show that there are unread messages.

Question

Yes, but I don't see it really comfortable down there in the lower part of the TS Window. So much easier outside, or at least give a choice if one wants to detach the chatpart, like in a messenger. Shouldnt be too much to ask.

We have such an request in our internal list, but it's not sure, that such a feature will be implmeneted after TS3 final relase.

Pop Out Chat Tabs

I think in some cases it would be nice to be able to minimize the entire client but still be able to chat in PMs / Channels / server tab.

I imagined a small button next to the x on the active chat tab. If you hit this button then it will open up the PM or channel tab in another window. if the new window is closed, it would simply just close that window and not the PM on the client.

If you were feeling ambitious you could have the ability to add other people to this 'chatroom'. However, then there would probably have to be a place to see who is in there. Probably some permission checks and all that stuff that comes with it but that is only if you are feeling ambitious.

It's kind of like the WYSIWYG editor for the channel description except for chat instead.

Server admins on busy servers could simply use this significantly smaller pane to keep an eye on things but still be able to do things on their desktop without taking up a lot of space.

Maybe 3.1?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ZeroTKA; February 4th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I like this^

It's a good idea, but the Client is in RC, so i don't think they will implement it in any further release. But the idea is very nice and i hope that this feature will be implemented.

Really nice idea, hopefully it will be implemented. Maybe instead of a icon, make it so you can drag the tab off the main window and it expands?

I like the idea too. If each tab should become it's own windows it would make it easy to see a few chat windows at once too, instead of having to switch between the tabs all the time.

answer to this feature stays the same. Maybe 3.1 Feature, maybe rejected after final release.

Zero? Please open Mantis and ticket 716 or search for Chat in our 3.1 section
    Last edited by dante696; February 10th, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

So why don't implement this in a Plugin?? All needed functions are available.

Thumbs up [Suggestion] Chat Window Detachment

For the next update I would recommend a plugin that would give you the opportunity of removing the chat area into a new window. No custom colors or anything like that, I'm just looking to still have the chat area open while I have the main window that shows all of the channels minimized.

Does anyone have input to add on this suggestion?

I created a ticket for this request. We had this on our internal suggestions page since our first users got the alpha version.
    Our developers will discuss this feature and i will reply, when it is planned or rejected.

Internal ticket ID: TS-827
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I created a ticket for this request. We had this on our internal suggestions page since our first users got the alpha version.
    Our developers will discuss this feature and i will reply, when it is planned or rejected.

Internal ticket ID: TS-827
    Without meaning to "necrobump" (and having other search results = 0) has this moved forward in the request queue?

Many thanks,
    MW

I did not reply, yet so nothing happend with that ticket.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information