Forum

Solved Updated to "Beta Channel" version, reverted, "lost" my contacts

Hello,

some days ago I decided to update to the latest beta version of TeamSpeak 3.
    Because my overlay plugin did not work with that version, I removed the "[Channel]
    beta=true" thingy, went to check for updates, it downloaded an "update" and I had the old version again.

Now, all my keybinds and more importantly, my contacts are gone. I see that they are still stored in a "contacts.ini" file in my application data folder, but I guess that file is not used by the normal beta36 version? How do I get these contacts back into my TeamSpeak?

Thanks for help.

With the Beta Channel the Contacts (and Others) are saved in a new File.

So if you get the Beta Channel back (or the Release of RC1) you get back your Contacts (and the Others).

Since Beta38 /RC1 All contacts are in seperate config file (contacts.ini). This happened to you hotkeys too (hotkeys.ini). The new client deleted them out of the normal config (ts3clientui_qt.conf).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ye, I thought so because of the separate file, I just wanted to know if I can import them back without activating beta channel again.

Thanks for mentioning the ts3clientui_qt.conf, I copy-pasted everything from contacts.ini in there in the appropriate section and it appears to work.

Thread Information