Forum

New Client Install - How to restore my previous user status?

Hi all.

My TS server is fine and I have all the server query details at hand if need be, but my question relates to my client install.

I am the SA on my TS3 server ( Linux 32 bit server - Windows 64 bit client ) and Ive recently done a new install of Windows and the TS3 client.

The problem is that I need to restore my status and permissions back to SA, which will also include my "friends" which I had previously added in my account.

Im not too familiar with server query and would like to know how I can get back my status?

If push comes to shove, I can log in with another client install on another computer which has SA access and re-grant my new log in with SA permissions.

Have I missed something or can anyone help please?

Thanks

Floyd.

Hello

If you have the SA permission ith this another computer, just export your identity : Settings > Identities > Export.
    You 'll get a ini file. In your new installation, import this ini file : Settings > identities > Import.

Erm, no. Thanks for the reply though.

The other computer has an account on with with SA, but this doesnt have the friends etc. I think it also doesnt the same ID.

Surely there is another way to retrieve my account without needing a second pc's install / or an export of an existing old account? Whatever happened to having proper log-ins for each user?

Anyway, can I run some sort of query to export a simular ini file for my original account to then enable me to import that?

Quote Originally Posted by floyd
    The other computer has an account on with with SA, but this doesnt have the friends etc. I think it also doesnt the same ID.
    what friends etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by floyd
    Surely there is another way to retrieve my account without needing a second pc's install / or an export of an existing old account?
    The identity export/import is made for that.

So, if you want use the query command for you new identity:
    Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    use <server ID> ("or" use port=<virtual server port>)
    servergroupaddclient sgid=6 cldbid=<your Database ID>
    Ths sgid=6 is for the first SA group on the first virtual server.
    If you have another ID change it (this number is between () at the right of the name group in the permission window).

If you haven't done an export bevor you have reinstalled your computer you have no possiblity to get your old account. Account data is only saved your computer, not on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    what friends etc ?

The identity export/import is made for that.

So, if you want use the query command for you new identity:
    Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    use <server ID> ("or" use port=<virtual server port>)
    servergroupaddclient sgid=6 cldbid=<your Database ID>
    Ths sgid=6 is for the first SA group on the first virtual server.
    If you have another ID change it (this number is between () at the right of the name group in the permission window).
    Thats mate, I will give that a try. When I said "friends" I meant "buddy / buddies / friends". You can add these to a list in TS3.

All is not lost in my case, I could put back my previous HD into my pc and just boot up and export, but thought there must be a server way of doing it. I find it absolutely amazing this TS3, but the simple obvious stuff where by an account is lost if you do a new install or log in from another pc is absolutely insane, no question. I'll post back how I got on.

Really appreciate the help.

Floyd.

Your friend list is saved on client site. A TS3 server don't know your friends.

Thread Information