Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Export/import Group Permission

It is possible that there can be an integrated method to export permissions so we may upload them via another server instead of having to breakdown each permission?

I would think that each owner have his own custom configuration. What has you creating so many servers for yourself? If I'm not mistaken though, there's a way to do this via server query...

I'm not saying I am making a lot of servers, I'm just saying for security reasons, what if we need to reinstall, what if someone hacks into it and deletes them all. I'm just looked for additional add-on that are helpful.

back up your database and install an older version. We have a version with all the permission changes and only the admins in the database. We can back up to that at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    I'm not saying I am making a lot of servers, I'm just saying for security reasons, what if we need to reinstall, what if someone hacks into it and deletes them all. I'm just looked for additional add-on that are helpful.
    Easiest way is to do snapshots on your server regularly. Check Query documentation...

Usage: serversnapshotcreate

Displays a snapshot of the selected virtual server containing all settings,
    groups and known client identities. The data from a server snapshot can be
    used to restore a virtual servers configuration.

Example:
    serversnapshotcreate
    hash=bnTd2E1kNITHjJYRCFjgbKKO5P8=|virtualserver_na me=TeamSpeak\sServer ...
    error id=0 msg=ok

Or, you can use the Psychokiller's web interface :
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...chokiller.html

This question has been answered many times on this forum. Please use the search function.

Server Group Permission Exporting & Importing Options

Just as the title states. I REALLY REALLY think this needs to be implemented. It would be really nice to be able to export a server group and import to another server. Of course this would make a new group number (345) but all the permissions would be transferred.

I know you can backup the server and do it that way, I just think this would be so much easier.

Need an example?
    I host a local server on my computer. It would be nice to copy a group into another public server that I have hosted elsewhere and not need to run window by window, copying the permission screen, that just takes forever!

Windows TeamSpeak 3 Client.
    Last edited by dante696; September 26th, 2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merged, tools are availabale already

Thread Information