Forum

Solved head is about to explode!

OMG I switched from ventrilo of ts3 because its so much smoother and runs better.

WELL i have an issue, maybe ts dev's could listen to this one. I really need a simple interface for setting up groups.
    SIMPLE = NOT REALLY CONFUSING 1,000 lines of values and check boxes! I am sure it would help more then just me. I am not super computer guy, just want to lay games and not spend years learning this.

I have spent 30 minutes watching videos, reading and i am more confused then ever!

I have 4 groups
    server admin
    normal

and I have no clue what to do for permissions. our people need to be able to ban, kick make channels and move people. I have no idea how to get this accomplished. basically the members group needs to be able to do everything but kill the server or screw up things. why is it that i feel I need a engineering degree to use ts3? cant there be a simple interface for all this? I will not go back to ventrilo but really they had it real simple, this is seriously confuddling!

if there is someone out there that can make this easy to understand I would appreciate it. my head is about to explode.

There is a simple permissions setup. If you go and get one of the RC versions of the client (you have to enable the beta channel) you will see this option.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...le-for-testing

The catch to this is it is VERY simple. If you need to do anything beyond what the default groups offer you will have to dive into the permissions to do this. The system is complex but because it is so complex it is very flexible. Once you make a few connections while setting up the permissions you will realize it's not as hard as it seemed when you started.

I understand that, I have done the above amendment.

This is what i need to do, add a new group and give the existing group the ability to ban all but the admin group. Now the members group has 75 in the permission system, yet they cant ban.

I am sorry of exploding, but its very frustrating, seeing as ts3 has so much more to offer, YET its too complex for the user. If devs can make a simple interface (simple being key) it would beat up other comm programs even more.

An easy permission system is availabale in our latest RC1 release.
    You can try it out and get it from here
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'll use the default groups for the example.

Server Admin has powers of 75
    Normal has powers of 50

If you wanted Server Admin to be able to ban a Normal user then you need to make sure the server admin's i_client_ban_power is equal to or greater than the Normal group's i_client_needed_ban_power. You can also set the i_client_ban_max_bantime for the server admin so if you only wanted them to ban for 5 minutes you'd put 300 as the value.

If you invert this and talk about the Normal group banning clients but not the server admin's you'd make sure that the i_client_ban_power is less than the server admin group's i_client_needed_ban_power.

The best thing you can do is download the server files and start up your own "Test" server and play around with the permissions. I always test new settings on mine prior to putting them on my clan's TS3.

solved thanks for the help. now on to server logging issues. do i need to post that in a different section or here?

Please start a new thread for a new problem

Thread Information