Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am wondering, TS log is saying 2012-07-31 11:08:59.525066|INFO |VirtualServer | 1| listening on 0.0.0.0:9987
    But netstat tells me UDP 0.0.0.0:9987 *:*
    What does this mean? And why is it 0.0.0.0?

I've forwarded both TCP as UDP on port 9987 btw, so canyouseeme.org should tell me it's open right? I know its not seeing UDP ports, but the TCP he should see.

Now i made myself DMZ and temporarely turned off the firewall, but still no changes... Can you try to connect? 95.96.128.178

I can't connect to that ip.

0.0.0.0 means any IP and your netstat output is the same as the server gives
    UDP ports do not really listen, thts a normal output for netstat.

Maybe you have more then 1IP for your computer? Maybe Hamachi (Logmein) is running or another vpn tool?
    You have to change the priority of your network cards.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I've got a VPN connection that i sometimes activated, but it was disabled most of the time. So I dont think it can be that but i deleted it just to be sure. Furthermore, when i do ipconfig /all i see
    -one LAN adapter
    -one "tunnel adapter for isatap" (i dont know what this is, but it says "mediumstatus disconnected")
    -one "tunnel adapter for Teredo Tunneling Peusdo-Interface", which seems active.

Do i have to change any of that?

It is still not working..

So to summarize:
    -TS3 server IS listening to port 9978.
    -So problem must be network related.
    -Forwarded UDP port 9978 on Sitecom WL312 router.
    -Tho it seems that this port still gets blocked somehow.

Can it be an ISP block?

Teredo is an IPv6 <-> IPv4 Tunnel which is the last resort method. Iirc it has been known to cause Problems and should only be used if you really need IPv6 and none of the alternatives work.
    So yeah you should try and disable / remove it entirely and see if the Issue is still there.

Your ISP could block UDP Traffic and even on specific Port(ranges) only if they want to. If you cannot establish UDP Connections in general it may be worth a shot to contact your ISP and ask them.

I guess an ISP from netherlands won't block voice tools at all.
    Maybe you should test another router or try wihtout that router (when cable is your internet connection)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Contacted ISP and they don't block ports, so it cant be that.

Trying without router seems like the best next step to take.

I've found some options in my router that is called "Denial of Service". Is any of these disabling my TS server to work (see image)?Name:  DoS.jpg
Views: 3420
Size:  111.6 KB

I tried with bypassing the router... and it worked. So it is the router. But i need the router for my wifi.

Any ideas what might be blocking the port? I used a virtual server on port 9987, both udp and utp. I tried allowing the options in the above screen but it just keeps blocking.

Proper Port Forwardings and uncheck Ping of Death, Port Scan and especially Sync Flood. You can keep Discard Ping on WAN active I think, shouldn't really interfere with TeamSpeak.

Turned all those off and have ports properly forwarded, but still no response. I figured out how to put my pc in DMZ now, and indeed, that works. But i guess that can't be a permanent situation in terms of security?

Guess i need to find someone that can help me this router..

Maybe there is an updated firmware around, but we can not help with here :-/

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Maybe there is an updated firmware around, but we can not help with here :-/
    That is exactly what i thought... and guess what, it works now. So the solution was as easy as a firmware update. Tried that earlier but when i updated the first time all my settings were messed up (forwared ports showing as 0.0.2.3 for example) and i wasn't able to delete forwarded ports and add new ones. So for people intereste; i first resetted all settings back to factory default and THEN updated firmware. Now i was able to forward new ports and it worked..

One last question tho, for some reason i was not able to give myself a static ip adress with the Windows 7 configuration, i kept getting a DNS error even though i am sure i used the right ones. So I used the DHCP server within the router to assign my MAC adress to a static ip adress. This might be of influence in the solution to the problem i don't know.

Is there any downside of assigning a static ip adress to my computer by using the DHCP server?

This is Off-topic and has nothing to do with teamspeak

You should setup the static ip in your router instead of windows. Most router do allow this with the mac address of your network card.

Where it happens is of no relevance really as long as it gets done.
    where it happens is not really important, you can just as easy set it up in Windows. You do have to make sure not to double assign IPs yourself though... and even if it happens Windows will recognize the issue and display a Warning.
    As for your DNS issues you were having you need to manually assign a DNS Server to use when setting up a static IP in Windows, you can just use the Routers IP.

Thread Information