Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Some users can't connect to my server

Hi.

I'm having a problem similar to the one described here (some people can connect, and some people can't):

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c...cannot_connect

I suspect the people who can't connect are using a home router. My question is: Can I follow this same procedure for TeamSpeak 3 server (since this instructions are for TS2)? Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks.

Are these people who can't connect all behind the same router? Can they connect to other servers like the teamspeak public server? voice.teamspeak.com:9987

They are behind the same router, in the same household. And they can connect to the public teamspeak server without problems.

The funny thing about this is that I did a remote connection to their computer using TeamViewer, openend the TS3 client on their machine, and connected to my own server without problems. However, when they try to do the same without my remote assistance, they can't connect (TS3 gives them the "failed to connect to server" error).

Still the same problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like your router won't accept multiple connections on the same port from the same IP. What router do you have?

It is a Belkin Wireless N Router, model F5D8236-4v1(01)

Yesterday I tried again with two friends. Both of them were on different households. One of them could not connect to my personal server. I did a remote connection to his computer and checked his firewall settings - both in his computer and his wireless modem - but everything was ok. However, we all connected to the voice.teamspeak.com:9987 free server without problems.
    Last edited by angelsguitar; April 3rd, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

When your friend tried to connect from a different house, did he only try once?

As for the other one, I don't think there is much we can do and I've not seen a solution to the issue of two users connecting from the same IP that's been solved. I honestly think your router is preventing the second connection but the only way you could test this is to remove the router from the equation. If you don't have a separate modem then you could not do this.

Actually, I do have a separate modem, so I can remove the router for testing purposes (although that would let me unable to connect, of course).

Any way, we've rented a 10-slot server and everyone can connect without problems. Thanks for all the help so far.

Thread Information