Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How do I check whether the server is actually running? I tried the localhost and the LAN IP but I failed to connect with both. Thank you.

taskmgr.exe
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

need help on dynamic wan ip/external IP

can u help!
    i want to know why my wan ip keeps on changing again and again after restarting my PC..
    everything going fine .. my friends are able to connect to my server and everythings good, but its just that i have to tell them the wan ip in my PC again and again after we restart our PC to connect to my server.

Usually you have a dynamic wan ip at home, so probably your router (or whatever you connection to the internet is) requests a new ip every time you restart your computer. Either you ask your provider if you can have a static ip or go to Google and search for dyndns.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

thank you mate for ur help...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]$ View Post
    4. Installing the Teamspeak 3 Server -

b. Right-click the shortcut and then click "Properties"
    Replace the target box with one of the following. For 32-bit...
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win32.exe" <install_directory>\ts3server_win32.exe createinifile=1
    For 64-bit...
    "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" <install_directory>\ts3server_win64.exe createinifile=1
    Click OK.
    Hi, what does this do? Is it necesary, because I get an error message when trying.

Hey guys,

Maybe it's due to the fact that I've been fooling with this going on 3 hours now and I may have over looked something extremely simple, but here is my situation. I'm running WHS 2011, I installed TeamSpeak 3 client and server on it today, basically followed the tutorial. I gave the server a static IP to eliminate issues with changing IPs. I forwarded all 3 ports as instructed, problem is when I test them, none of them come back as open. I'm not sure what is causing this issue as I followed the instructions verbatim. I've successfully ran the client on other servers in the past with no issues. I'm not sure if there is something I've over looked or perhaps did something incorrectly. For what it's worth, I have Verizon Fios, not sure if they are known for blocking any of the ports needed for TS3 or not. I did a ton of research and I saw where some people claimed they ran into issues when their ISP were blocking certain ports. If I need to provide any additional info, please don't hesitate to ask me to provide whatever you need as I am completely stumped. Thanks in advance.

On number 4b (I'm using 64bit) you say to put "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" <install_directory>\ts3server_win64.exe createinifile=1 into the target box.

When I do, it comes up with http://i.imgur.com/ZAPzVO6.png?1
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was able to connect to my server on the same computer with the port number of 9988 after the local ip. For example 192.168.0.100:9988 ... For some reason the port number of 9988 was changed or entered in incorrectly. enjoy all!

Okay, so everything is working and I'm able to connect and sort out the administrator stuff but my friend can't connect and receives the 'Failed to connect to server' message. The ports are open and working, checked with PFPortChecker and I've given him the external I.P along with the UDP port (9987). He has also tried to join using the UDP port as 9988 and it still doesn't work. We've also tried using my local LAN I.P (192.168.*.***) and unsurprisingly that didn't work.

If anybody can think of why it isn't working then that'd be awesome.

Thanks

-EDIT- I fixed it. I switched the computer it was using to my Hamachi I.P so it was running off the hamachi server and people could connect.
    -END EDIT-

-EDIT2- Okay, so I'd like to expand so more people can join my TS and Hamachi doesn't hold enough people to make that practical, especially seeing as it'd take a long time to set up and join Hamachi servers so everyone can join. This brings be back round to point one where trying to join with the server running off my computer, rather than Hamachi, simply doesn't work. Therefore my plea for help with this issue continues and I would love if someone can sort this!

Thanks

-END EDIT2-
    Last edited by TheHumanTarget6; September 27th, 2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I lied, the problem isn't fixed.

Well Crap

Well ive port fowarde i started the server i can do local host my freinds can pls help some one ps: ive made a minecraft server before and it woked but idk how to do this

Change port on Windows Server version?

I've created the ini and changed the port, restarted ts but the new port settings have not applied, how does one change the default port in the Windows Server version?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    I've created the ini and changed the port, restarted ts but the new port settings have not applied, how does one change the default port in the Windows Server version?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/5...ht=change+port
    Please read that
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Friends can't connect

Hi,

So I have done everything in the tutorial, all ports are open, at least that is what the program says.
    The only thing that does not work is step 4b. Gives me an error.
    I have tried to connect with my other computer, but that also fails to connect.
    Can anyone pls help, I really want this to work and I fail to see what might be wrong.

Thanks in advance

This Guide is outdated
    The binary name from the server has changed to ts3server on all operation systems.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Thread Information