Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Add New Virtual Server (#2)

Hi all!
    I have been trying to add the second virtual server, I watch youtube tutorials, I see the ts3_serverquery_manual-ServerCreate(page 10) tutorial, and I can't add a new virtual server. Today I found with my ServerAdmin don't have premission to create new virtual servers(insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=4616), I try to add this premission but I can't change it, even though I the server creator.

Why can't I add a new virtual server? Or I'm not allowed to create a new virtual server?

Do you have a License?

To run these query commands you will most likely need to do it via telnet and not from within the client. Be sure to use the serveradmin username and the password given to you on first run of the TS3 server.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-Servers-Slots
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ver+management

PoisonPanik Have you some tutorial or something like that to me ? :P

Unfortunately I don't have a tutorial for this. The closest you get here will be the 2nd link I posted above. Do you know how to use telnet to perform server query? If not this video quickly covers the basics of using putty to do this. The telnet stuff starts about the 5 minute mark in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4rTp_PtLw

**EDIT**
    Found you a video that explains how to setup servers 2-10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZyr_...eature=related

http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ows%C2%AE.html
    i use this tool above to create and delete my servers, it takes away all the hard work leaving u free to have fun.
    hope this helps you

Question Cant create additional server with NPL

I was able to create my first Server but on the tutorial it skips over the part about what to do with NPL. I did put it in the folder under the win32 where it showed it would go but still only have 32 slots. I am trying to create additional servers and have watched youtube tutorials using Putty and read Docs and am still unable to do it. The guys says hes logged into Putty (cant find a log in other than just opening it) And when I get that black page he uses I dont have anything on it like he does, where does all that come from? Trying to do it through server query says I dont have permissions etc, but I have set up Permissions on my personal ID and should have them anyways being I am the server. (with the S icon) Read somewhere also that port 2008 needs to be open. I opened all ports stated in tutorial but that wasnt one of them. Do I need to have this port open for it to recognize my NPL?? I am so stuck I have no clue where to go from here. I have 2 reasons for wanting another server, the main one beign i screwed up permissions and now get booted every 2 minutes or so with the message saying I was booted from the server by the server Idle time exceeded. I have gone over and over permissions and removed the idle time in all categories so its not highlighted and still get booted Teamspeak support told me to create another server to use and compare default setting so i can get it back to normal and not be booted. Any help on that subject would be great too. The second reason for creating is I need more slots, 32 is not enough. I was told I can have up to 10 servers and 512 slots. Im lost...please help.

Hello

What error message do you get (exactly) ?
    There is a difference between "I'm server admin" and "I use the serveradmin query user", do you use this one ?
    Post the query commands that you use.

I am going under server query and pasting this in...
    servercreate virtualserver_name=Mafia\s]\p[\sServer virtualserver_port=9988 virtualserver_maxclients=128
    this is what I get back...
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=4616
    I created the server or am my own server.
    Can you see from this what I am doing wrong?

So, step by step :

- Open putty
    - Write the IP, select Telnet on "Connection type" and write the query port (10011 by default)
    - Click on open.

If the query connection is ok, you will get :
    TS3
    Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
    - Write the query command to create a new virtual server
    Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    servercreate virtualserver_name ..........

Thank you Florian for the step by step info, was able to get the first part done but am stuck on the log in part. I pasted it as shown above with my password inside the <> and it wont work. I tried without using the <> and still doesnt work. What am i doing wrong? Login name is serveradmin and the pass is the one given to me when i created the server. I have gone on teamspeak server admin query password and it has given me new ones, is that what I should be using?

With Tools > ServerQuery password you will get feectlively a new query account but without enough permission.

Are you sure that you use the serveradmin query account ?
    Do you get the same error message (from your first post) ?

I am finally able to log in to Putty and try to create a server, my new problem now is it says virtual server limit reached. I have a NPL from Teamspeak and added it below the file ts3win32 but thats as far as I got with it because they skipped over it in the tutorial. Is there anything I am supposed to do?? What step did I miss here?
    Last edited by Janie Humada; April 3rd, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

You can use permreset query command if you are connected on the virtual server.
    Classical error in this case : Invalid client Type

Please read the documentation : TeamSpeak 03 Server Query Manual.pdf

About you NPL license, where is it ?
    Post a screen shot of the server folder.

Thread Information