Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Resetting Permissions to default values

I messed with the permissions and now get booted from the server by the server and I am the server Is there anyway to reset the permissions back to default? I was told to create a new server and cant even do that. I have read forum after forum and watched videos and read docs and am still stuck, not sure where the problem lies with these issues. Any help would be appreciated since I cant stay logged into chat longer then 2 minutes to do anything

Do you have serveradmin password?

The command you have to enter into the Server Query is permreset

Example of such an reset for server id 1.
    Code:
    login serveradmin password
    use 1
    permreset
    token=7RVRZDxetm+HDtXcr4FTZqR0ewoi1kYKLTPMcRAE
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

OK may I am using the Server Query wrong? I open it up, on the right is login, I enter original name (serveradmin) and password. The to the left I type in permreset and this is what it gives me if I do it under while my name is highlighted (serveradmin)
    error id=516 msg=invalid\sclient\stype (31 ms)
    Total: 31 ms
    If I do it under login command it gives me this...
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=8750 (46 ms)
    Total: 46 ms

yes i do and am using that in server query when typing in commands. My problem is I dont know if my name should be clicked on before opening server query or the channel name or the teamspeak 1, it seems when i do things under each i get a different response. Another things is when I open server query should I make sure it is on login command, manuel or automatic? I have tried all different ways and cant seem to do anything, trying to reset default permissions and also creat a new server. I just cant do it.

Yes I do have server admin password,

...I enter original name (serveradmin) and password. The to the left I type in permreset and this is what it gives...
    Note that before "permreset" you must type the command "use 1" (if this is your server number 1)

Also, you can comes from outside ... use telnet ... and the code that tells you dante696
    Last edited by Jordi; April 2nd, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thank you so much Jordi, at least I do not get an error message doing it that way but it did not reset my permissions. It said error id=0 msg=ok But nothing is changed and I still get booted off the server for being idle. Also I tried creating a new server and it gave me the same message but no token (privilage key) and I dont see a different server????

<22:58:27> You were kicked from the server by the Server (idle time exceeded) ???? Why is it doing that now?? It never did it before I messed with permissions and when i type in "idle" under all the channel client etc. I dont have any of the them with permission or highlighted.

Hello

Please, write step by step what you try (that we can see where is the errors).
    Also, describe us how your server is configured (operating system, how many virtual server, etc...)

You have a radical solution, delete the database file to get a clean Teamspeak server.

I am using windows vista. I only have 1 virtual server. I can not create a second server because I messed up when adding the license because I watched the tutorial and it didnt tell me to close and reopen etc. I am trying to add my license key now and am unable to do so.
    I have tried a few different ways, I dragged the license key file to the bottom of the open teamspeak file and dropped it under Ts3Win32. I also tried downloading it directly to the Teamspeak file. I then click on Ts3win 32 to open and run. It places an icon on the bottom of my screen but thats it. I open the server and go to server logs and there is nothing there. It does not see my license. If I do your radical solution does that mean I should remove the TS server from add/remove programs? Then download it again? If I do that I wont be issued a token key will I? When you say root directory is that the original TS3 server file I downloaded? I have so many questions and cant get answers for them. All I want to do is add my license so I am able to create a new server and hopefully get rid of the problems I am having with the current server which boots me every 2 minutes. I have tried doing a permreset and that does not help. Thank you for trying to help me fix this.

Come on please a make paragraphs. It's really hard to read and understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Janie Humada
    If I do your radical solution does that mean I should remove the TS server from add/remove programs
    Teamspeak 3 has not a such installation (no link in the progamme list).
    Please make a screen shot of your server folder (all teamspeak 3 files)

When you say root directory is that the original TS3 server file I downloaded
    No, the server folder, after unzip the downloaded archive.

Im sorry if I am hard to understand, I will try to make my self more clear.
    I do not know how to make a screenshot so I wrote it down exactly as it looks.
    This is what my ts3 folder looks like

doc
    puttytel
    query_ip_blacklist
    query_ip_whitelist
    files
    logs
    serverquerydocs
    sql
    changelog
    ts3db_mysql.dll
    ts3db_sqlite3.dll
    ts3server_win32
    ts3server.sqlitedb
    licensekey

If this is correct how do I restart the server? Exactly what steps do I take?
    Last edited by Janie Humada; April 5th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

If this is correct how do I restart the server? Exactly what steps do I take?
    - Stop your Teamspeak instance
    - Remove the ts3server.sqlitedb file
    - Start your Teasmpeak instance.

Now, you have a new instance, with clean database, new serveradmin password, etc

Info:
    I do not know how to make a screenshot
    On your keyboard you have button called "PrintScreen" or something like that. Press it, open e.g. Paint and paste

Return privilege

Hello!
    How i can return: Server Admin, Normal, Guest (standard privileges)?

Thread Information