Forum

Problems with MySQL >= 5.1

Hi,

after every mysql upgrade i get in trouble with teamspeak because the teamspeak mysql driver doesn't support MySQL version bigger than 5.0.
    It would be wonderful if the Team just fixes this, it can't be so much work. Alternatively you can release the API for these drivers and let the community write the database backends. I would bet that more people would use Teamspeak if it support more then just sqlite and mysql <=5.0. Postgres would be great!

fyi: i'm using teamspeak-server 3.0.0_beta30.

best regard,

MaSch

I don't want to say, you are writing crap, but i use teamspeak3 with mariadb 5.1.49 on debian lenny, and there are no problems with the mysql-backend. I have not tested it with 5.2 or above, so i could not say, that it is usable with higher versions, but that should only be a linker problem while compiling.

Also postgreSQL is already requested and will be implemented after the final release. And if they use also Qt for the Server, which is used in the client, there is a good chance, that more database-backends could be supported with less effort.

Hi Master_D,

that sounds interesting, can you tell me what version of TS3 you are using? Because my beta_30 needs libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0 and mysql >5.1 deploys .16.0.0. Maybe i have to download a recent version and test it with this. beta_30 is the latest version in gentoos portage so i stayed at i since now.
    Is there a overlay with current releases?

best regards,

MaSch

i've installed precreated packages of mariadb, which is a MySQL-Fork, which also deploys libmysqlclient.16.0.0, but also a compatibillity-version of .15.0.0

Information of the packages and how to install for some distributions, you can find under http://ourdelta.org/

I know what MariaDB is and i installed it yesterday with the same problems.
    My distributions version of mariadb don't deploys a .15-version so i have to figure out how to solve it.

Thanks for your support, because it means that TS3 don't works with libmysqlclient.so.16

Does the repository for your distribution not include the package "libmysqlclient15off" ??
    This is the needed package for backward-compatibillity.

I've checked some repositories and it may only be included, if needed for system purposes. So if the MySQL-Version of the distribution-version is 5.0, the needed library is included, else not.

Sorry for digging out this old thread, but the latest version of TS3 not supporting mysql 5.1 or higher is really turning into a bad joke. As time goes by it is getting harder and harder to obtain old libraries just to run TS3.

MySQL 5.0 is way over the hill and as of this year there are no more maintenance releases, bug fixes, patches or updates http://www.mysql.com/support/eol-notice.html
    5.1 has been around since Fall 2008, that's 3,5 years. And still TS3 doesn't support it. Kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever.

The problem isn't that I can't fix it, the problem is that I *have* to fix it at all. Is TS3 ever going to support a MySQL that was released in the last 3 years? Or do I have to keep the old MySQL 5.0 sources to be able to compile my own libraries ... just for TS.

Thread Information