Forum

Solved lag issues when using TS3 - need TS voice protocol info

Hi, so i have this problem:

whenever more than 2 ppl talk on TS3, i start getting massive lag (getting 1800+ ms of latency while pinging google.com or playing some online game)

I recently changed my ISP but if it were an ISP related issue, i'd have always this lag while using TS2 or playing some online game etc. so i think this has to do with QoS not properly configured on the router my ISP gave me.

However when i get into my router and access its QoS settings it asks me which voice protocol does this specific program use, is it H.323, SIP, IGMP or another one?

I tried looking this info on TS FAQ but i haven't been able to find some documentation with that info, if anybody knows which protocol is or have another solution i'd really appreciate it.

btw here's my specs:
    SO: using Windows XP SP3 32bits
    MB: MSI P35 Neo Combo
    Sound: integrated sound Realtek ALC888
    Router: BaudTec TW263R4-US-A2
    Connection: 256kbps ADSL (works fine while using TS2 and playing online games and worked fine with previous ISP using TS3 on a 128kbps connection)

What codec, quality and latency settings are being used in the channel you are in? TS3 uses more bandwidth than TS2 did.

codec: speex ultra-wideband 32khz
    quality: 7
    not sure about the latency setting used on this TS server, however, with the previous router i had no issues at all, that's why i'm suspecting is something with configuring QoS on this new router, but for that i need to know which protocol does TS3 use, SIP IGMP etc.

Then again, i might be misleading myself about this.

TeamSpeak is no voice over IP telephony tool. All voice releated things will be send as a data package trough your network.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If you didn't have this problem with the previous router try telling your router to prioritize all traffic from your PC and see if that fixes the problem.

@dante696, interesting to know that, i always thought it was VoIP. I tried to enable QoS to all protocols with no results, now i understand why that failed.

However, i finally managed to fix my problem, as i was trying to find how to get my router to prioritize all traffic from my pc as poisonpanik suggested, i noticed that IGMP was disabled on my router, I enabled it and now it's working with no more lag issues at all.

Thanks everybody for their help, plz close this thread as Solved. ^^

Thread Information