Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TS3 volume is lowered in Win7 mixer

Recently, the audio mixer in windows 7 started lowering the volume of my TS3 client. This happens in several games whenever I use the in-game voice. For instance in CS:S, as soon as I use the in-game voice the volume automatically gets lowered in the mixer. Also the weird thing is that 2 sliders show up in the mixer under TS3. See attachments for a screenshot of whats going on.

What is the problem and is there a solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Go to plugins within TS and disable the volume plugin. It resolves the issue.

I had the exact same issue while playing Arma II and spent weeks messing with my sound drivers before figuring it out.

Edit: you may also want to go in to the sound settings for recording and playback devices and one of the tabs will give you an option to 'Do Nothing'. I have mine set like this as people say it can resolve the issue too. (Not on a windows machine at the moment - on a mac so cannot be any more specific than that until i get home lol)

It was disabled. I think the volume control plugin does the exact opposite of whats happening, it lowers the volume of other applications not that of TS3.

Tnx for the help but that's not it.

Try with the last client version rc1-pre12
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...le-for-testing

Found the problem and the solution. Apparently it has nothing to do with TS but still I think it's good to post it here since I've found several people on the net with the same problem.

The problem is that Windows 7 apparently has a feature which automatically manages volumes of VoIP or other types of voice communication software. When one is in the foreground and is transmitting it lowers the volume of other software.

This feature is obviously buggy since in my case it doesn't reset the volume to the original level once it's done. I don't know why this feature suddenly became active, maybe it has some relation to the fact that I bought a new HDMI monitor with built-in sound system and rerouted my audio to HDMI instead of the on-board soundchip or maybe Microsoft released an update which broke it, I don't know.

Anyway, disabling this feature solves the problem. Here's how:
    Control Panel -> Sound -> Communications -> Check "Do Nothing"

Hope this helps anybody with the same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for posting your solution.

I'm starting to think this is a much deeper problem with Windows 7 or an update which Microsoft did. More and more people complain about this issue, each and every time it was this setting.

I think some deeper investigation as to why this setting suddenly becomes active is needed.

I've tried this and all the other solutions people have posted... Weird thing is that it only happens when I play BFBC2. My BC2 sounds lower by about 90% when someone talks on TS3. Tried the Plugin Option and the Automatic Voice Gain Control.. no joy.

So you've tried to disable the "Volume Control Plugin" and the "Communications -> Do Nothing" Option, and you still got the problem?

-What Soundcard are you using ? - > maybe a Audiodriver related setting ?

-Client Version ? and >> ts3client_win32 or ts3client_win64 ?

TS3 lowers Sound of other Programms

Hi

i got the problem tha all time i say something in TS or someone in my channel do so, everything get lowered in volume winamp for example...
    Have one of you any idea how i can fix that?

Unhappy Sound probleme

hi guys !!
    i have a big probleme since i bought my new PC (WIN7),when i use teamspeak with other application ,there sound go down and all i can hear is Team speak sound, i generally use team speak with counter strike ,whish can't be played with sound , please guys help me !!!!

Sound card :conexant cx20671 smart audio HD

same probleme !!!

read above. It's a windows setting. 9 times out of 10 anyone on my TS server that complains about this issue it is simply that windows setting onethreethreeseven shows above. Fix that and ill bet you are good to go.

A new In-Game Audio Problem

I know there are lots of posts about this problem but i couldn't find any solution there and i'm fresh out of ideas:

So here is my problem.

I was playing FIFA 12 without any problems prior to installing TS3. Then i joined a clan had to install TS3 - i believe i also activated Sound Control Plug-In. And my in-game audio vanished. So far, normal.

I unchecked the box. In-game audio was still non-existant. I closed TS3 and opened the game still non-existant. I checked my audio properties- all seemed alright but no audio on fifa. I even listened to music from media player, while i was playing FIFA so my audio is functioning otherwise just perfect.

And recently I unistalled TS3, still doesn't work. I checked FIFA12 settings - everything seems alright there as well. Something is seriously wrong but i don't know why. I'm playing the game mute for the last month, it's getting kinda boring.

I'd appreciate any help.

Take care.

I have this problem too

Though it's with Winamp, not Teamspeak.

But same issue.

Winamp's internal volume is 100%, my system's master volume is 100%, and winamp's windows-7-sound-mixer-application-specific volume is 100%.

That last one gets reset to 20% sometime when I am asleep.

SOOO annoying.

I already did the control panel fix! No avail!!

And since it's happening when i'm asleep, I can't notice what's doing it. Argh!

Thread Information