Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Redirect to other host by DNS

Hey there,
    I've got one problem hosting TSł on my servers.
    There is one server for the websites and only for websites.
    Another dedicated server is used to host several applications like jabber and others.
    On this second server TSł shall be installed.

All DNS A Records for the topleveldomains point to the first server.
    The easiest options could be to point a subdomain like ts.domain.com to the second server.

For some services like Jabber it is possible to point clients to another server than the one that is running the website using a DNS TXT record.
    So the clients could access a running TS Server on Server 2 by connecting domain.com.

Is it possible to point the TS client to another server using a DNS entry like this?
    If not, could it be possible in future?

You can use TSDNS, which is implemented withn the RC1-pre-Server.
    With that you can change the ip for a domainname used by the teamspeak-client.

This also need client-versions of RC1, which are only avaiable within the beta-update-channel.

He would still need to run the TSDNS on the Webserver machine, which would sort of compromise his Order / Strict splitting of Services and Web Machines

Teamspeak rejected to implement the SRV-Records, so this is the only usable solution atm.

Maybe they will implement SRV-Records after the final-release, if they see, that it will be needed, but i don't think so.

Well, it is easy to just copy the TSDNS to the server you want to run it on without running the full ts3 server there. I have tested having it run on a Main IP and then sending request to Sub IPs where the ts3 servers are running and it works just fine.

In your main server you could also add a DNS record for ts3.domain.com to put to the ts3 server. I've done this too. This would remove the need for TSDNS on the main server.

Thank you for your replies.
    As SilentStorm said TSDNS is not really an option for me because I want to seperate my servers strictly.
    Everything that is not part of 'classic webhosting' must reside on the application server.
    So I can't install TSDNS on my primary webhost.

I hope that the Teamspeak Devs consider implementing a SRV or TXT record in further development.
    In the meantime my clanmembers have to live with the TS-Server on a subdomain.

As i have already mentioned, TS3-Devs rejected to implement SRV-Records, and implement an own system. Nobody knows, why it needs an own system, but they have done it.

More Informations can be found there:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ferent-Domains
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...TR-SRV-records

Thread Information