Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok thanks, that was the problem.

Did I understand this correctly that to apply specific channel group permissions to a user, that user must be in that channel first, and then you apply that channel group permissions or they will not get it?
    Last edited by itgl72; April 19th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Solved Allow guests to create temporary sub-channels only inside specific channels

How do I allow guests to create temporary channels only inside specific channels.

Let's say I have channel tree like this:

Code:
    My TS3 Server
    |-Channel 1
      |-Channel 1.1
      |-Channel 1.2
    |-Channel 2
      |-Channel 2.1
    |-Channel 3
    I want guests to only be able to create temporary channels inside "Channel 1.1" and "Channel 2.1". So far I can only figure out how to let guests create temporary channels under the home channel "My TS3 Server" (I have b_channel_create_child and b_channel_create_temporary set).

I thought you might need to change something in the Channel Permission or even Client Channel Permission tab, but I didn't know what exactly.

You need to move the Permissions granting your People to create sub channels from the Servergroup (which allows it everywhere on the entire Server) to the Channel you want them to be able to create sub channels (so CHannel Permissions of Channel 1.1 and 2.1 - as Channel permissions grant it only in that specific Channel). In addition to that (since Channel 1.1 is already a Subchannel) you need to add i_channel_max_depth with a value of >= 2. Now just add i_channel_min_depth = 2 so they can only create below this Channel.

Not tested but should work.

Thanks I give b_channel_create_child on both Guest server group (otherwise Guest don't even have the option to create) and "Channel 1.1".

I also set i_channel_max_depth to 5 (just to be safe) on both server group and channel permissions. However now it seems I can create sub-channels on "Channel 1, 2, and 3", but not anything under that. When I want to create a sub-channel under "Channel 1.1" is says "failed on i_channel_max_depth"...

Any suggestions?

Then Channel 1.1 is already deeper than 5 in the Tree...

I'm not sure what's going on. I tested i_channel_max_depth with both -1, 99, and a bunch of other numbers and I still can't create sub-channels inside Channel 1.1. So far I can create regular channels (under My TS3 Server) and under Channel 1, 2, and 3...

Could you try to test this on your server? Thanks.

I've started my Example Server with this Configuration. Will send you a PM with the Details.

Great! Thanks for your demonstration and coming on my teamspeak server.

For those who were wondering I had Guest channel group (with i_channel_max_depth 1) overriding my Channel Permission i_channel_max_depth 3...

I too am interested in letting guests create temp channels under a specific channel. Has this been addressed yet?

I have tried to follow this but there must be a permission that I'm missing here. Care to list all of the steps that you took?

@itgl72: You can also create privilege keys that when used give the specified channel group in the specified channel. Or you can use the Permissions -> channel groups of client dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclaw View Post
    I too am interested in letting guests create temp channels under a specific channel. Has this been addressed yet?
    Yes it has been see Post 9 and Post 11 which explain this.
    Keep in mind that guests need to be allowed to enter the chosen channel and that they actually have to switch to that channel to be able to create a sub channel.

Thumbs up

Soooo i decided to wake up this thread

channel - channel permissions - b_channel_create_child CHECK
    server group guest (ofc moded properly) b_channel_create_child NONE

but problem is that users must be in that channel to create sub-chan
    (user cant create sub-chan in 1.1 unless he is ON 1.1)

Code:
    My TS3 Server
    |-Channel 1
      |-Channel 1.1
      |-Channel 1.2
    |-Channel 2
      |-Channel 2.1
    |-Channel 3
    and that's ladies and gentlemen is correct answer

now any random dude can create only temp-sub-chan only in specific channel min/max depth set to 1 & 1 spacer named "orphan zone" GG WP

i have literally done everything here and this still doesn't work for me.
    I'm not doing this for guests however, just another server group. Not that it totally matters since you don't do anything with the server group anyways?
    Either way, with the server group I am using where you said to disable it, I disabled it on mine and enabled it on the channel. Not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Krux9 View Post
    i have literally done everything here and this still doesn't work for me.
    I'm not doing this for guests however, just another server group. Not that it totally matters since you don't do anything with the server group anyways?
    Either way, with the server group I am using where you said to disable it, I disabled it on mine and enabled it on the channel. Not working.
    nvrm, i got it.
    You have to include a codec permission!
    Found out the hard way by allowing EVERYTHING and slowly removing permissions 1 at a time until it stopped working to see what was preventing it.

CODECS PERMISSIONS

Thread Information