Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-rc1 available

Greetings,

today we release a new client version, called 3.0.0-rc1. As it is a client from the "stable channel" all users coming from beta36 will be asked to update to it through the auto-updater.

For those of you that have not been keeping track of the development of rc1 by using a "beta channel" client (the 3.0.0-rc1-preX versions), there are many changes. The biggest and most invasive is the complete rewrite of the sound system, giving better performance and more possibilities in many areas. Also quite prominent to note is the updated sound pack (we are still working on the effect filter).

If you have any issues, please report them in this thread so we can address them before our final version is released.

How to get it
    Easiest way is just to update (click Help->Check for Updates). If you like you can also use an installer:
    http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de/ts3/releases/rc1

If you need to downgrade to the old version (beta36) from some reason, you can find the old installers here.:
    http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de...eases/beta-36/

Updates:
    Due to the high load on our update servers users are seeing some problem when updating. Keep trying, use a installer or or just wait a few hours...

Full changelog from beta36 to Rc1
    Changelog.txt
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Changelog added

Solved

Updated successfully on two systems, no problems so far...

I assume the server version of rc1 will be available soon, too?
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Solved Mirror fails

The mirror's is working again. and awesome work on all these updates =)
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Similar problem

Starting update process
    Download / check product ini
    Downloading client_win64.ini
    Downloading client_win64.ini finished
    Downloading client_win64.ini.sig
    http://dl-2.verygames.net/teamspeak/..._win64.ini.sig returned 302
    file client_win64.ini.sig timed out on mirror Eighth mirror
    file client_win64.ini.sig timed out on mirror Second mirror
    file client_win64.ini.sig timed out on mirror Eighth mirror
    Host teamspeak-mirror-1.ziomm.net not found
    Das Zeitlimit für die Verbindung wurde überschritten
    file client_win64.ini.sig timed out on mirror Forth mirror
    Last edited by Burnjack; May 10th, 2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Message Quoted

and i got this

Host teamspeak-mirror-1.ziomm.net not found
    Mirror Forth mirror failed too many times, removing

So cant update.

updated after 20mins & xx times restarted

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

The biggest and most invasive is the complete rewrite of the sound system, giving better performance and more possibilities in many areas. Also quite prominent to note is the updated sound pack (we are still working on the effect filter)
    Well... Im not looking for "Better performance" im looking for QUALITY. the new CELT is screw'd the sound is very very VERY bad even in high settings. as i said im not looking for better performance, i want HIGH QUALITY. im going back to the old TS version, and will never ever update to the later version until this is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Copsi View Post
    Well... Im not looking for "Better performance" im looking for QUALITY. the new CELT is screw'd the sound is very very VERY bad even in high settings. as i said im not looking for better performance, i want HIGH QUALITY. im going back to the old TS version, and will never ever update to the later version until this is fixed.
    The version of the CELT codec was updated...all clients need to use the new version for "sane" communication to be possible. Please make sure you were not talking with an old client .

The version of the CELT codec was updated...all clients need to use the new version for "sane" communication to be possible. Please make sure you were not talking with an old client .
    Well ->
    Quote Originally Posted by Reksh View Post
    yes he needs to update to rc 1 to hear you on the CELT that was updated and wont work with the old CELT
    <-

So. you can't speak other clients using old CELT, when using the new CELT..

We all upgraded to the new CELT and got very very bad sound quality from each other. so we had to switch back to the old CELT and got a better sound quality.

Sure you get better performance with the new CELT but we are all using 100/100 mbit connections, and we all have about 1 - 50ms to the server, we don't need the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Copsi View Post
    We all upgraded to the new CELT and got very very bad sound quality from each other. so we had to switch back to the old CELT and got a better sound quality.
    I will have a look. I have always prefered the quality of "Speex 32kHz, quality=10" over CELT, but maybe with some tuning we can improve CELT

I will have a look. I have always prefered the quality of "Speex 32kHz, quality=10" over CELT, but maybe with some tuning we can improve CELT
    omfg i love you! if it would help i could try to make sound sample from new CELT and old CELT?

ill tell you, once you go CELT (48kHz) with quality set 10 and delay on 1.... you never go back to anything else

TeamSpeak 3 was fine until update 1 hour ago

I updated my TS3. But now I can no longer hear nor speak with anyone on my desktop. I've done Capture Voice and self test. I dont know any other option to fiddle with. Ever since that patch, it erased something or all of it because I've never had a closed-closed channel before it was either one or the other and I would be able to fix it. Now I cant hear nor speak. Help.

in the capture section, on the test bar, it as the little bracket set at -30, but the volume that I produce (which doesn't capture anyway) fluctuates from 0 to -20. Is that bracket blocking my coms and responds?

I uninstalled and reinstalled. exact same results. no avenue of approaches. It all happened when it asked for an the minute i logged on computer "updated" (no hac, was a ts3 update or something, someone vouche for it) now it's ROYALLY screwed and won't work at all.

now the "light" wont even light up when I set it to MouseNum5 or any num....i've got no virus i can guarantee.

Yeah,just dont know what to do. reinstalled it on my windows 64bit (3 times) like usual. nothing works. push-to-talk wont work/light up to receive and hearing wont work. Even when I first got ts3 it took me about 20 mins to figure out, now it's completely beyond my comprehension.

Edit1: ever since TS3 asked for an updated an hour ago...

IF ANYONE CAN HELP, PLZ DO! I've checked every option, i am FEd

Quote Originally Posted by Tenidas1 View Post
    TeamSpeak 3 was fine until update 1 hour ago
    1. Make sure that Celt other users also updated their client and that Celt codec isn't used.
    2. What soundcard do you use? What are your Client settings for capture and playback?
    3. Have you tried voice activation instead Push-To-Talk? Also unplug any Saitek devices, to use PTT.
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 09:56 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Solved

ts3server:// won't be ignored?

Only if a URL will be posted yet?

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7924/image0001e.png
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Solved

wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinShark View Post
    ts3server:// won't be ignored?

Only if a URL will be posted yet?

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7924/image0001e.png
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Thread Information