Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Change back to the 3.0.0-beta36 Soundpack?

Is there any way to change back to the beta36 soundpack? I absolutely hate the push-to-talk sound; it sounds like a bad April Fool's joke of a robot going BEEP, BOOP, BEEP, BOOP. Not to mention that the new Text-to-Speech voice sounds like a Russian female hacker I'd find in a 007 movie.

Basically, this is in my opinion the worst update to TS3's text-to-speech, and we should at least have the option of reverting back to the old soundpack if we can revert to Windows Classic.

I agree, I was actually just about to make a similar post when I refreshed and saw this one. It would be nice if you guys would offer the default sound pack, or just post the sound files so we can replace the ones we don't like in the sound directory. I'm alright with the new TTS, but I really hate the ptt key sound, the static hiss was much better (less distracting and intrusive) than the new beeping noises, they make it sound like some cheap walky-talky for little kids IMO.

I completely agree. I think the previous sounds were the best TS has had. Why there isn't at least an option to have the old ones still, even if you have to download them separately, I don't know

We don't provide sound pack's . We provide 1 sound pack for our product, this is the reason, why we don't offer such options.
    I try to upload it into our addon page, but as long you can downlaod it Here

This adds a second Folder for your soundpack and you will egt the 3D sound and mick click etc.
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: URL changed
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

This sound pack also includes the pre-rc1 sounds you're talking about:

http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ound-Pack.html

The old sounds from TS 3.0.0-beta36 [Build: 12815] for use in the new update

These sounds will replace the new sounds in 3.0.0-rc1 [Build: 14345] on Windows, getting rid of the quite frankly EXTREMELY ANNOYING new voice. For all those who are about to cause themselves physical harm.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QM4OHPJS

This soundpack was from a fresh installation :-/
    I reuploaded a new version of this pack from another computer.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Thanks alot mate

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
    Is there any way to change back to the beta36 soundpack? I absolutely hate the push-to-talk sound; it sounds like a bad April Fool's joke of a robot going BEEP, BOOP, BEEP, BOOP. Not to mention that the new Text-to-Speech voice sounds like a Russian female hacker I'd find in a 007 movie.

Basically, this is in my opinion the worst update to TS3's text-to-speech, and we should at least have the option of reverting back to the old soundpack if we can revert to Windows Classic.
    I have had to turn my mic clicks off because the new beeping sound is so annoying! I did try overwriting the files from the previous to version beta38 and you still get the annoying beeps. That new sound is SO AWFUL!

Please download my soundpack and throw all files into the Sound directory.
    This also overwrites mic clicks.

This is what I did:

1. I went to http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de...eases/beta-36/.
    2. I downloaded http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de...0.0-beta36.exe.
    3. I opened it using 7-Zip.
    4. Replaced "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound" with "$_OUTDIR\sound".

please check out our latest beta release... it does include two new soundpacks per default.
    if you use the setupwizard you can choose one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
    This is what I did:

1. I went to http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de...eases/beta-36/.
    2. I downloaded http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de...0.0-beta36.exe.
    3. I opened it using 7-Zip.
    4. Replaced "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound" with "$_OUTDIR\sound".
    Thx, just did it as well.

As much as I love TS, the last voice pack was weird IMO (but didn't bugged me as much that I had the need to find a solution to change it back).
    But the new sounds? Really sorry to say that since you put so much effort in this product, but I really hate the actual voices (male&female) thx to the american pronounciation which I can't stand at all. *shrugs*

But this was no offend to anyone!

Anyway, finally I got the classic, neutral sounds back.
    Last edited by Ragor; June 9th, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fixed bad typo

I loved the new sounds, especially the mic click sounds. Means I can hear very well when i'm talking and when i've finished. The sounds before were far too quiet for those who don't wear a headset all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal-UK View Post
    I loved the new sounds, especially the mic click sounds. Means I can hear very well when i'm talking and when i've finished. The sounds before were far too quiet for those who don't wear a headset all the time.
    Agreed. Can anyone dredge up the May 10th soundpack? I liked it more than the old beta and the new male/female soundpacks. I didn't think to read the patch notes or I would've grabbed the folder before I updated.

EDIT: Found a copy of r1 on an old download list, installed it in a virtual OS (I didn't know if it would try to overwrite the new version) and extracted the old voice. Kind of circuitous, but I got the voice back, wooh!
    Last edited by sirralen; June 9th, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Thread Information