Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Client RC1: QT problems under Linux (KDE)

Does not work unter OpenSuse 11.4/64Bit with KDE 4.6.0. Message:

Code:
    Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40701) with this library (version 0x40702)
    ./ts3client_runscript.sh: Zeile 14: 14557 Abgebrochen ./ts3client_linux_amd64 [email protected]

Hi,

the TS3 Client should *not* try to use your System Qt, as this can lead to bad errors (like the one you pasted). It seems somehow the system Qt is being involved...can you run the binary in strace and post the (zipped) output? Something like this:

Code:
    export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=.
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
    strace ./ts3client_linux_amd64 2> straceoutput.txt

I'l do this tonight, when I'm at that machine again.
    Is there a size limitation to uploadable files?
    Just use the clip in the advanced reply screen?

Edit:
    I tried to start the ts3-client yesterday by NOT starting the runscript, but starting the binary instead (like you posted "ts3client_linux_amd64"). In that case i do NOT get the above mentioned error. The client starts but mic and speakers are dead and can not be activated.

btw: I do not have pulseaudio installed as this is mainly broken by design when it comes to normal desktop operation. KMix for example does not work with it).

Here is the strace. Hope it helps...

Cheers,
    Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

The trace seems to be telling us that your KDE style leads the client to load the system Qt Libraries...we are currently do not know how we can prevent it...if somebody knows please tell us. We will try and find out on our own too if nobody knows...

Something that might help you, but is not a clean fix, would be to remove the file /home/martin/.config/Trolltech.conf (maybe make a backup as I don't know what it will change, maybe remove your style...).
    Last edited by Peter; May 12th, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Kind of strange as I use the default OpenSUSE KDE Theme / Style plus some additionally activated standard-effects (wobbling windows, transparency, shadows...).
    Do I understand you correct that the problem is mainly related to the visual customisation of my Desktop?

I'm not sure what exactly is the problem. The strace points to Qt loading the Oxygen theme which depends on the KDE libs which depend on the Qt system libs which mismatch the local Qt libs.

I'm downloading openSUSE-11.4-DVD-x86_64.iso right now. Might take some time until it's all installed. Then we might be able to tell you more, once we can try ourselves.

Quick update:
    Installed openSUSE 11.4 64 bit in VirtualBox. Default install, nothing changed. Installed TS3 rc1 client.
    * Runscript did not work because of missing libpng12.so
    * Installed libpng12 via yast
    * Runscript did not work because of incompatible Qt libs (same as in your strace)
    * Starting the binary directly works, now it's using the system Qt libs from Suse. This may or may not work, depending on the system Qt version. I would not rely on this, once the system libs get updated, TS3 might break because of wrong Qt version.
    * Changed KDE style from Oxygen to Cleanlooks or Plastique in the settings. Runscript works again.

While this is not a real fix to the problem, it a) proves the theory correct that the problem is Oxygen and b) provides at least a quick workaround.
    I need to look into this further, just wanted to give you a quick update.

Wow, that was fast. Thank's for the update.

Ok. Just a little addition: I tried the binary without the runscript, which - as you wrote - starts TS3. In my case the Soundhardware (mic, Speaker) is completely deactivated and can not be activated then. I assume this has to do with pulseaudio not being installed in my system (as it breaks a couple of different things by default like mixer and Audacity).
    In OpenSuse Pulseaudio is installed by default so i assume it is installed in your system as well. Would you mind deleting it and testing once more?

Should I open a different bug for that one?

alright then, since this one is called OpenSuse ....
    Let me do another one with Debian
    Last edited by Tomas; May 13th, 2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: wc

Hi Tomas... Sorry but... Wrong Thread?

Next update:

* Removed pulseaudio via yast. libpulse had to stay, otherwise yast tried to deinstall most of KDE... Anyways, no pulseaudio available anymore from KDE sound settings or TeamSpeak client.
    * Tried "alsamixer" in the commandline to see if alsa would be alive. Did not work, some strange alsa_pulse error message. WTF?! Didn't I just remove pulse?
    * Had to restart KDE: "rckdm restart" from root console.
    * "alsamixer" worked. So alsa should be available.
    * Started Teamspeak client, went to capture and playback options page. Switched both to mode ALSA, but left device to Standard.

Here my settings in detail:

Wiedergabemodus: ALSA
    Wiedergabegerät: Standard

Aufnahmemodus: ALSA
    Aufnahmegerät: Standard

The capture and playback tests within the options page work.
    Connected to a server, talked. All fine.

Quick note on the oxygen thing: There is the "qtconfig" utility, which gives you a dialog to edit the Trolltech.conf file (usually there are two, one global in /etc and one local in ~/.config/). I used this to enforce "Clearlooks" in all Qt applications. I suppose it just edited the local Trolltech.conf file, there was no prompt for root. KDE settings were already set back to "Oxygen" meanwhile (sure, otherwise this qtconfig tweak wouldn't make any difference). Now Teamspeak started up with the runscript command (we really do not want to rely on the Qt system libs). Next in options switch to Plastique or Cleanlooks, just avoid System default, which would try to load Oxygen.
    Now the runscript seems fine. TeamSpeak looks a bit different than the rest of KDE, but at the moment it seems impossible to run the local Qt libraries with the system Oxygen. Opinions may differ, but for me personally this is not a big problem.

Too long post, but I hope I could help.

Thank you for the analysis and the solution. I'll try later tonight but I think this should work for me as well.

Just one last Thing: Are there any plans / options to make it work with default Oxygene again? At least the betas didn't have any problems with it.
    Or to put it the other way around: What changed, to suddenly cause an issue when going from beta to RC1?

Quote Originally Posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    What changed, to suddenly cause an issue when going from beta to RC1?
    To be honest, I'm not sure. There was no change to loading themes, this is mostly done by Qt automatically anyways and requires little code in the Teamspeak client iself.
    We updated Qt from 4.6 to 4.7 since beta-36, which would be my best guess.

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know: I decided to run the binary directly without using the runscript and it works fine. I know that I am using the "wrong" qt libs but as long as it works i prefer this over changing the KDE design.
    I hope, that until qt changes, TS3 will be able to handle Oxygen. If all fails I may still considder changing designs.
    But I still didn't quite understand, why so many other cross-platform apps like Openoffice, Firefox, Skype, Teamviewer and so on don't have that sort of problem.
    Anyway. It works and I am happy.

Thanks a lot and cheers,
    Martin

Thread Information