Forum

plugin sdk API 11

So i need to update my plugin to rc1.
    But at the download page i can not find a plugin sdk

It is integreated in your insatlled RC1 client folder
    Example path
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\pluginsdk
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

just an extra note one this. The beta channel downloads update this also now, so it is easy to prepare before the public release of a new plugin api.

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask, when the documentation for Client Plugin SDK will be updated to API version 11?

There is some PDF and HTML documentation in the installation dir that was shipped with TeamSpeak3-Client-win64-3.0.0-rc1.exe, but despite the fact, that it says "Revision 14345", it still contains old API documentation - for example, there is still section devoted to FMOD (which was removed according to changelog and include *.h files) and it also contains old API functions, which was removed/changed in the rc1 version (for example there is no "isDefault" parameter for the changed function getCurrentPlaybackDeviceName(), which has been added in ts3_functions.h)

And where the updated documentation will be available (for example for download)?

Thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It is integreated in your insatlled RC1 client folder
    Example path
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\pluginsdk
    Please, could you make a notice on the download website (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads) that the Plugin SDK is shipped with client installation?

Many developers will search for the updated Plugin SDK there, so the small notice could save them a lot of time of searching and confusion...

Any update related to this topic, please?

It has been send to somebody with access to the web page
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks dante696!

Could you please give us also an information, when the documentation for Client Plugin SDK will be updated to API version 11?

It is quite essencial for many developers when they want to upgrade/develop plugins for this new API version...
    The most crucial "questions" are, how we could work with sound after you have removed FMOD from the sound system.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by falkon View Post
    Could you please give us also an information, when the documentation for Client Plugin SDK will be updated to API version 11?
    Currently there is no dedicated client plugin SDK documentation. What you see in the documentation folder is simply the documentation for the TS3 SDK...and since there has not been a SDK release in some time it is rather outdated. The documentation will be updated with the next TS3 SDK release, whenever that is.

Thank you for clarification... I misiterpret information "Revision 14345" on the title page, which is higher than the revision of my previous documentation (so I supposed, that the documentation si somehow automatically build from sources)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The documentation will be updated with the next TS3 SDK release, whenever that is.
    Nevertheless, is there at least some presumption, when new TS3 SDK will be released? Or is it possible to "publish" at lease some information (or examples), how current sound system (without FMOD) can be influenced? (I mean, how to add my own sounds like noise, how to adjust sound level of speaker etc.)

Thanks.

We will do the next SDK release after releasing the final client + server, that is to say maybe sometime in July. Until then, read the include files and guess what functions might do, fiddle around with them . Of course you can always ask if you run into something you cannot find out.

Here are the callbacks that look like what you might want to investigate if you want to fiddle with the audio stream:

void (*onEditPlaybackVoiceDataEvent) (uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels);
    void (*onEditPostProcessVoiceDataEvent) (uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels);
    void (*onEditMixedPlaybackVoiceDataEvent) (uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels);
    void (*onEditRecordedVoiceDataEvent) (uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels, int* edited);

Note that the samples pointer is not const, so you can not only read what data is played and what is recorded, but you can also modify it. If you want to add some static noise in the capture chain, edit the samples in onEditRecordedVoiceData, if you want to do so in playback you should chose one of the playback callbacks and edit the "samples" data there...depending on where you do it, it will effect globally (to all clients and possibly also to things like wave files etc.) or just specific clients.

Disclaimer: Above I am talking about the clientlib.h interface, I assume it is also available in the clientPluginSDK interface but I did not check.

Hi Peter, can you please put some references about modifying audio stream (source code, documentation, anything) ? So if I want to distort the output I have to take the stream with onEditPostProcessVoiceDataEvent and apply some custom filters, right?

Found this topic so far, http://forum.teamspeak.com/archive/i.../t-61383.html?

translate on Delphi, please?

Thread Information