Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

ToDo List Rc1 client: Sound lags / kind of echos / Loop

Hi guys,

I'm running TS3 Server for my friends and me and yesterday the RC 1 was released. Today we have updated and have now a sound issue with one of my friends.
    The guy is talking in a bad quality and very often he is talking and we heard it twice.
    For example:
    "The weather is nice" would be the sentece he wants to say.
    But:
    "The weThe weather is nice".

We didn't have the problems BEFORE the updated.

But only he has the issues, an other guy don't have it.

The luckless guy is using a webcam for his microphone, has already reinstalled TS , is running a 32-Bit Windows XP SP3.
    We have also changed the codecs for the channels, trying everything.

Hope you can help
    Mel

Exclamation i hear few times sound during speech

Dears!

Something goes wrong after update to 3.0 rc1 client. I hear other clients few times when they are speaking. It is individual issue but it happened in few cases.

Sound laggs

Hello everyone,
    i have a problem. Since the new Update my TS3 laggs if im playing a game. If someone talks the sound starts to lagg and i have no idea how to fix the problem

got exactly the same problem...it is definitely the update to blame. Reinstalled it three times, gone thru audio settings, rebooted with/without headset but no use both parties get same weird partial lag. using microsoft life-chat 3000 headset into a front usb connected onboard realtek hd audio. help appreciated

What codec are you using ?

hi, I don't have a fast PC but I could play cod4 and have TS3 running with no issues. Now I see TS3 running approx 25% CPU when idle, and 40% when I'm talking. With TS3 on normal priority the game stutters and the speech on TS is broken and short phrases repeat. If I lower TS priority to get a smoother game, the TS is dreadful, 2 syllables repeat for 10 secs, or I can't be hear, or I can't hear them talking to me at all.

PLEASE sort this, it was fine before the update, but I will have to turn off Teamspeak for gaming... this must affect thousands of other users who will all switch to ventrilo if not sorted fast!

Thanks!

codec on our serverCodec:
    Speex Ultra-Wideband (32 kHz)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    What codec are you using ?
    I've tried every codec i can find in TS 3 (CELT, SpeedX Ultra-Breitband, SpeedX Breitband, SpeedX Schmallband)

What codec and quality settings are you using?

it doesnt have anything to do with codecs. even the notification sounds are affected.

yes whole application lags. Maybe everyone with the problem could report their teamspeak CPU usage?

Losing sound when loading a game

The speaker from TS gets laggy or simply muted when I open a game (COD 1.3) or when the game loads a map between rounds. Fellow TS users hear me but I cant hear them. Tried shutting down firewall and antivirus, didnt do any difference. I operate with Win XP.

Tanks for your time and input.

This is for everybody in this thread.

Please go into Settings > Options > Capture > Disable "Echo Reduction" and "Echo Cancellation"
    Older CPU's seem to have problems with the new echo filter.

edit
    Please also report your hardware (CPU, RAM, Soundcard and other related devices) and your operaion system
    Also make sure, that yur device uses the latest drivers! Realtek update their driver ~every month!
    Last edited by dante696; May 12th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi,

I tried ur solution to disable echo but it still doesn't work. The voice lags like hell.
    It starts when i open my Warcraft 3 and i'm just in menu. Don't know how to fix this problem

@Soeril
    Please do what Dante asked and provide your system information so that the devs may analyze this to maybe see a pattern or trend. (I see he edited his post after you posted.)

having same problems as posted above (TS repeats some words/phrases randomly)
    S.I.:
    Intel Core Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, Mainboard: ASUSTeK P5B, using soundmax integrated digital hd audio onboard sound, microphone: Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000.
    O.S.: WindowsXP Home Edition

Issue is driving me nuts...any help appreciated.

Thread Information