Forum

Solved 2 Soundcards issue: Playing soundpack on Windows predefined text-to-speech soundcard

Hi there,

I'm using 2 soundcards (1 onboard, 1 creative labs pci-e) to use teamspeak on the onboard sound via headphones, and music/games/videos on the other soundcard.
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
    I setup the onboard sound to play the text-to-speech messages in windows control panel.
    This worked well until the RC1 update.

After the update to TS3 RC1 my headphones suddenly play the text-to-speech messages in Teamspeak 3 :-(
    So I always get disturbed during I talk/listen to others.
    In the control panel the text-to-speech sound card ist still set to the Creative Labs soundcard (attached to some stereo speakers).
    If I test this setting in Windows, i'll hear the sound of the text-to-speech engine on my stereo speekers.

Where and how can I setup TS3 again to play the soundpack volumes on the stereo speakers/another soundcard, then the standard (or currently) assigned output soundcard for the Teamspeak3 functionalities?

Thank you very much for your help or for inventing a bugfix (perhaps a selectbox in the output profiles, where I'm able to select a different sound card/output method for the soundpack!)

Regards
    MaD

We changed that because user complained, that they alaways don't hear the text-to-Speech sound. So we discussed that and decieded to change it to the selected device and most users only uses 1 system to get heir sound.

Please open a new thrwad in our suggestion section and request such an function.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok. Too sad you change a good functionality to a non-dynamic version because ppl are too lazy to do some clicks :-(
    Thanks for the info, I'm sad now

To many users complained from the beginning, that they can't hear the Text-To-Speech.
    The solution was always, to change the default device and we did it now for the user. :-/
    Last edited by dante696; March 12th, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

There's many ways to implement the solution and your team chose this way. MadCat opened a suggestion thread for this so maybe you will get some good suggestions to make everyone happy

Thread Information