Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Request] Text-to-speech/Soundpack output media control (souncard selection)

Hey there,

I'm user, who loves susing 2 soundcards in his system.
    1 onboard soundcard is dedicated to my headphones to use teamspeak, skype and whatever.
    All other sound will be heared on my 5.1 sound system at the other PCI-E soundcard.
    So I won't be disturbed by loud engines, weapons, whatever, when I have a nice talk to some friends.

This still works. But with the difference, that before RC1 I could output the text-to-speech sounds in Teamspeakł on my 2nd soundcard, so that soundpack's woman voice did not disturb my conversation in TS so much

I just read in another topic, that the RC1 of TSł disallows this now, because some users complained about it

Too sad to read, that some people, that are to lazy to set an option in standard windows control panel, get the win...
    And we, who live the dynamic way, have to hear the woman's voice all the time in our conversations now.

Could you please make an additional selection box in the output media control options, where we can manually select, which soundcard will play the soundpack's sound!
    That would be very very helpfull and very appreciated!
    I think I'm not the only one using more than 1 soundcard in his system.

Thanks and keep up the great job.

Regards
    MaD

I also use a setup similar to your setup and I would like this option. Maybe force it to default to the playback profile option unless a user selects something other than that. Then the users who complained would never even know the difference but those of us who want to change it can

I too have same issue. Would love to be able to hear the notification on my speakers instead of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanai View Post
    I too have same issue. Would love to be able to hear the notification on my speakers instead of headphones.
    +1 A feature I can't see why it was removed

I also used this, but mostly to get updates on server/channel joins, when I wasn't wearing the headphones...Which was quite useful, now I've lost that.

A safe default or hidden advanced option would alleviate any n00bie issues.

I used the feature for the same reasons. All of my game sounds come from my speakers while only teamspeak goes through my headset. I frequently take my headset off and relied on the notifications coming through my speakers when someone needed to get ahold of me.

Really hope the feature comes back.

Hello,

I just wanted to ask, if this thread comes in decission in any way (for further updates), or if it is just another "useless function" in your thoughts?
    Thank you for an official reply.

Regards
    Mad

Well, I guess silence speaks a thousand words in this case. Too bad.

I just re-installed the latest Teamspeak 3 after being gone for a few months and found this is no longer possible (having notifications play on my speakers while voices play in my headset). Very disappointed.

Thread Information