Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Disappointment with the new update !

Hello,

I would be giving a feedback on this new update, I want to point out some points I did not like.

* Creation of many tabs "edit channel", thus complicates the visualization of how it was before.

* You are experiencing some sort of incompatibility with the previous version with this new on-TS3, I'm admin, and put radio (old version) the person who is with the new version, just listen wheezing, and when this person with this new version puts some kind of music that I'm with the old version, so I hear wheezing.

* As I run a server there is a great puplic movement, somehow many people come and go, and after a while the voice of this "new woman" make us sick with a headache.

* But the worst thing I found was the change that you did, servers in groups, rather than investing in tutorials, or some kind of "macro" to automatically edit, generalizing the options that were important and took away the powers of Guest ( 25), Normal (50), Server Admin (75).

Suggestions:

* Allow a practical way the change to the old voice.

* Allowing choice Permissions -> Groups Servers, to the old way, which I consider moving ahead with this, the peopl would have to choose between the advanced mode, where the old and simple way, what you have launched yet.

This choice could be made by downloading the TS3, Versions for one client and one for admin, or something like that.

* Fix incompatibility with the old version

* In "edit channel" leave the way it was before.

---

Where the change of TS2 to TS3 was a favorable, but with this new configuration, I was sad because the teamspeak disappoint me.

---

I began to enter this site, and felt much the lack of video tutorials to edit the settings.

---

TeamSpeak 3 brazilian user.

NaTesTa10

Thumbs down Failure on a Grande Scale

I'd like to voice my feedback on the new update here as well. You completely FUBAR'd our server to the point where we had to wipe the database because of the new clients.

On top of that, as we go to recreate our channels and groups, we've found that we've LOST functionality!

What happened to the ability to grant clients privileges on a channel by channel basis? What happened to the ability to see all the individual permissions? We had a nice setup going and now it is GONE.

Yes I had some issues with the old permission system, but that was because there were so many permissions/features MISSING! Like the ability to have a user join a channel without needing the password if they were a member of one of the channel groups, the ability to set which users could move what users where... etc... etc...

I understand you got tired of the bitching and whining about the permissions system, and I like the idea of what you are going with, but to be quiet honest you've done a lot more harm than good. Most of the people I found that needed help with the permissions system just needed someone to hold their hand for awhile to get it right. And once they got the hang of it, they were good!

Now... now do I not only have to "relearn" a new permissions system, I've found I have lost A LOT of customization. I love the new TeamSpeak 3 product as a whole, but seriously guys.... Some of the changes leave me sitting there scratching my head going, "What the Frac??!?"

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfodder View Post
    Now... now do I not only have to "relearn" a new permissions system, I've found I have lost A LOT of customization. I love the new TeamSpeak 3 product as a whole, but seriously guys.... Some of the changes leave me sitting there scratching my head going, "What the Frac??!?"
    For you sir, go to your settings > options > application > advanced permission system and you will be all set...

before making your post here, did you guys READ the change log ? maybe read thru the forums
    here about the update ?

* Creation of many tabs "edit channel", thus complicates the visualization of how it was before.
    This was my initial reaction as well, however it makes very little difference. I have been using the tabs for over a month and have found them to be very convenient. You'll get used to it as you will everything else. This is not worth complaining about.

* You are experiencing some sort of incompatibility with the previous version with this new on-TS3, I'm admin, and put radio (old version) the person who is with the new version, just listen wheezing, and when this person with this new version puts some kind of music that I'm with the old version, so I hear wheezing.
    Yes, they are not compatible and this is known. You must be aware that BETA and RELEASE CANDIDATE are two very different phases of TeamSpeak 3. If you browsed the forums before writing this, you would know that there was a rewrite of the sound system and the developers made everyone aware that when in a CELT channel, there will be voice issues. My suggestion is for everyone to update to RC1. Why? Because they released it for a reason... If everyone updates, there will be no voice problems.

* As I run a server there is a great puplic movement, somehow many people come and go, and after a while the voice of this "new woman" make us sick with a headache.
    It won't appeal to everyone. I have gotten used to it after a while, and you will too. If you want different voices, check out the forums for information on how to change it. You have the ability to change it yourself.

* But the worst thing I found was the change that you did, servers in groups, rather than investing in tutorials, or some kind of "macro" to automatically edit, generalizing the options that were important and took away the powers of Guest ( 25), Normal (50), Server Admin (75).
    * Allowing choice Permissions -> Groups Servers, to the old way, which I consider moving ahead with this, the peopl would have to choose between the advanced mode, where the old and simple way, what you have launched yet.
    This choice could be made by downloading the TS3, Versions for one client and one for admin, or something like that.
    I'm thinking you're looking for the old permissions. To use them, go to settings > options > application > advanced permission system (checkbox)

* Fix incompatibility with the old version
    This clearly won't happen as there has been a rewrite. Update and there will be no problems with compatibility.

I hope this kind of helps you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HHD_HELLBOUND View Post
    before making your post here, did you guys READ the change log ? maybe read thru the forums
    here about the update ?
    I wonder the same thing

other than what what said above about the new sound, the update re-sets your TS sound setiings
    to default, you may need to go to your playback/capture settings in TS and redo them.

Some people would rather complain than actually try and find a solution to the problem or give constructive feedback about the problem.

For those who failed to read the change log...

http://forum.teamspeak.com/attachmen...5&d=1305101640

No, I love changelogs. It's just the updater fails to list a changelog when it does an update. Normally I would search, but I was tired and Just wanted to voice my feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab View Post
    For you sir, go to your settings > options > application > advanced permission system and you will be all set...
    Thx I was also looking for that!

First, let me say that there's no way TS3 will ever be compatible with TS2. Sorry, but nothing to discuss here... All the other feedback is read by the devs and we highly appreciate your interest in making TS3 a better application. Anyway, back to topic...

Having a single option to enable/disable the advanced permission system dialogs seems to confuse the users. I think an easy and logical way would be the implementation of an "Expert Mode" in general. So here's what I have in mind...

The client gets an expert mode which hides/enables the following menu items and dialogs:

1. Advanced permission system including channel permissions, client permissions and channel client permissions
    2. 3D sound
    3. ServerQuery
    4. Server log (maybe?)
    5. Phonetic names (maybe?)
    6. Everything related to capture-, playback- and/or hotkey-profiles (maybe?)

In addition, the following options could be hidden:

1. Application -> Show ServerQuery clients
    2. Playback -> Always set clients 3D sound position when available
    3. (maybe more?)

Also, with the latest client release we removed an option to disable the auto-mic mute as soon as your screen locks. This option could be restored, but hidden unless the "Expert Mode" is enabled.

So community... Please let me know what you think...

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    So community... Please let me know what you think...
    Perfection! And make this "Expert" mode an option during the initial setup wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab View Post
    Perfection! And make this "Expert" mode an option during the initial setup wizard.
    no... because every average joe will select "i am the god of technical wisedom"...

I'm not average and my name ain't Joe, but I would select that that option if given.

I agree with Ralf. Having this option in the wizard would cause everyone to enable it.

If there would be some kind of "Expert Mode" the option should be placed right where the advanced permission system checkbox is right now. Hidden for the noobies, but very well visible for the experienced user...

Thread Information