Forum

Error Message on Client Click

Every time I try and run TS3, I get an error message saying, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe". Make sure you types the name correctly, then try again."

I JUST installed it, and I'm not the best with technical issues, so all help is appreciated.

First of all, check if the file is thre, by simply going to the indicated directory. If the file is there, try starting it. if it works, right click the file and Send to -> Desktop . delete your oldShortcut and rename the new one properly, or don't. Your choice.

If the file is not there, check if you anti virs too blocks the file. Sometimes Anti-Virus Tools identify non virulent files as virus, because they do something i Virus might or might not do. Simply reinstall the program with you AV( Anti Virus) switched off. If it works then, switch it back on aain, and test again. If it never works when the AV is on, try adding your teamspeakfolders under exceptions. If you need help on this, you can post which AV Tool you are using, maybe someone here can help you doing that.

If none of that works, try explaining the problem with more Detail.

Also corrupt installation could be the problem. Try redownloading and install again.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVeXX View Post
    First of all, check if the file is thre, by simply going to the indicated directory. If the file is there, try starting it. if it works, right click the file and Send to -> Desktop . delete your oldShortcut and rename the new one properly, or don't. Your choice.

If the file is not there, check if you anti virs too blocks the file. Sometimes Anti-Virus Tools identify non virulent files as virus, because they do something i Virus might or might not do. Simply reinstall the program with you AV( Anti Virus) switched off. If it works then, switch it back on aain, and test again. If it never works when the AV is on, try adding your teamspeakfolders under exceptions. If you need help on this, you can post which AV Tool you are using, maybe someone here can help you doing that.

If none of that works, try explaining the problem with more Detail.

Also corrupt installation could be the problem. Try redownloading and install again.

Good luck.
    I went through the files, and clicked what it couldn't find, and it just said the same thing. I use McAffe, so how can I make it an exception?

Sorry I am afraid you have too google how to make exceptions on McAffee, I only have expirience on Norton, Bit Defender, Kaspersky, Free AVG, Avast and Avira.

Did you try redownloading or reinstalling with you AV turned off yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NoVeXX View Post
    Sorry I am afraid you have too google how to make exceptions on McAffee, I only have expirience on Norton, Bit Defender, Kaspersky, Free AVG, Avast and Avira.

Did you try redownloading or reinstalling with you AV turned off yet?
    I'll try that now, thanks!

I'm getting very annoyed...

Nothing has been working.

Have you tried just turning off your AV? Maybe uninstall TS, turn off AV and install it again to make sure your AV doesn't grab any of the files and then run the program with it turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Have you tried just turning off your AV? Maybe uninstall TS, turn off AV and install it again to make sure your AV doesn't grab any of the files and then run the program with it turned off.

Just tried that now and it didn't work.

what operating system you using ?
    you may need to run the installer as administrator.

or it might have installed to...
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\TeamSpeak 3 Client

Quote Originally Posted by HHD_HELLBOUND View Post
    what operating system you using ?
    you may need to run the installer as administrator.

or it might have installed to...
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\TeamSpeak 3 Client
    I installed the Windows 32 bit TS3, and I'm still trying to figure out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROH3ALTH View Post
    I installed the Windows 32 bit TS3, and I'm still trying to figure out the problem.
    what version ? xp? vista ? win7?

Thread Information