Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Default TTS and third party soundpacks don't work for me.

I recently noticed that the "Default text to speech soundpack" and any third party soundpacks I enable don't seem to work at all, only the default soundpack works.

I completely wiped my TS3 installation and re-installed it, re-installed my skin and my soundpacks...same problem.

After some google searching I am led to believe that it is my operating systems fault. I am running Windows XP Pro SP3, but I copied the contents of my installation CD to my hard drive / ran it through nLite / turned it in to a "lite" install. Because of this, I believe I am missing some sort of Windows TTS components which may be the cause of the problem.

Could anyone confirm this for me, and point me to where I can get these missing files and install them?

Wow...not a single reply in over two months? Wow.

These custom soundpacks are outdated, that's all.
    The creator of such a soundpack needs to know, that some sounds have been changed during the beta/RC state.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    These custom soundpacks are outdated, that's all.
    The creator of such a soundpack needs to know, that some sounds have been changed during the beta/RC state.
    It's actually not the soundpacks, it's my installation of Windows. I made a customized "lite" install and I somehow removed the Windows TTS software/engine/drivers.

I'm trying to find out if there's other free TTS software/engine/drivers I could use that will allow me to use soundpacks and phonetic names with TS? I know this problem will be fixed if I re-install windows, but I really don't want to do that.

Maybe it is possible to install it, over system control > software > Install/activate Windows... ? but you will need a real Windows CD
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I have my original XP Pro SP3 CD that I made the lite install from, it's a legit/legal copy of windows I just wanted to make a custom install cd from it to get rid of some of the extra garbage windows comes with.

Unfortunately, the default Windows TTS software/engine/drivers are not something you can add/remove within windows or within the repair function when you boot from the install CD. Microsoft also doesn't offer these software/engine/drivers from their website. My only two options are to either find a third-party TTS software/engine/drivers, or reformat my computer and use my full installation of Windows rather than my custom lite install. I'm trying to find a third-party software/engine/drivers, but I don't know which one would allow my TS soundpacks/tts/phonetic stuff to work.

I guess all of them would allow you to use it for TS, but you need to pay these voices.

Are you familiar with any third-party TTS engines for Windows?

Sorry,
    I can't give you any hints here. I never used a TTS engine

Thread Information