Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Server: Rc1 Skip & Negate does not work

hi, i have found 3 bugs
    (i use the advanced permission system)

1. if i set a integer permission of a server group to -1 for unlimited, it is overwritten by other server groups with higher values as -1, like for exampe 10. but actually unlimited should be higher than 10.
    i dont know if this is already fixed with the newest version or already reported

2. the skip flag doesn't work any more. channel permissions always overwrite server rights, it doesn't matter if the skip flag is set or not. except i set the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions as true, then all server permissions aren't overwritten. this bug is only at the newest client version. i dont know if it is already reported.

3. it's only a visual and translation bug in the german language: in the server group permission window, next to the filter you can set "nur vergaberechte" (only grant-permission), but it shows all the permissions granted, when it is set. so it should be named "nur zugeteile rechte" (only granted permissions). this bug has existed since the newest client version

excuse me for my english, im not a native speaker

yours sincerely
    Last edited by xx-kiLLer00; May 18th, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: another bug found

For problem (not bug) 1#
    Activate the negated flag on that group with a value of -1.

I can't reproduce the second problem. Works fine here on our server and client.
    check your permissions!

The third typo will be fixed in our rc2 client.
    Last edited by dante696; May 18th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

1. i know how to do so, but i think it shouldn't be necessary to set the negate flag

2. on my server the skip flag doens't work. it doesn't matter whether the skip flag is active or not. maybe you have to set the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions as false

The client version has nothing to do with your server permissions, when they worked with your old client (without playing at them).

Negated is next to "Skip" in advanced permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

yes I know who to set the negate flag, i use it. but i just think it shouldn't be necessary to set the negate flag, because normally you always get the highest value of all server groups and unlimited is definitely more than 10 for example

but why does the skip flag not work on my server
    an example:

there are server group A and channel group B. member x is member of both of them

server group A has a talk power of 75, channel group B has a talk power of 60
    b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions (if activated, all server group permissions skip channel group permisssions, this works fine) of A is false

let's move member x into a room with a needed talk power of 75. skip flag not set: he can't talk. skip flag set: he can't talk, too.
    => it doesn't work. i have tested this.

if i activate the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions, he can talk (this works well)
    but then all server group permissions skip channel group permissions, and that's not what I want

I still think this is no bug.
    The permission b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions needs to be disabled for that group.
    The permission says, that all spik flags will be ignored, when the value for b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is set and the value is deactivated.

Maybe this needs to be changed < will discuss it with a developer.

ah ok i now i understand it. in my example i set the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions as FALSE, then ALL the permissions don't skip channel group permissions. so I just have to not set the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions, then it works fine. i tested it, no permission skips channel group permissions, except i set the skip flag (so it works perfectly). i think you don't have to change this, but it can be changed.

to the other bug an example:

member x is in server group A and server group B
    A has a i_client_ban_max_bantime of -1 (unlimited/permanent ban), B of 60
    A has a i_channel_min_depth of 0, B of 1
    A has a talk power of 75, B of 60
    negate flag isn't set

then x has a talk power of 75 (that's okay)
    but x can only ban for 60 seconds and not permanently
    and x can't create main channels with depth 0

okay it is really always the highest value and this may be your intention, too. but i think it would be better if ALWAYS the BEST value is set.
    otherwise you always have to set the negate flag. this might be very complicated for some users (there are a lot of questions here in the forum about the negate and skip flags)

But this is how the whole system works.
    It is always the highest value, that will be used for permission.
    Some permissions need a value of -1 to be set as unlimited and we offer this with the negated flag.

Set negated To group A's flag and this will be set as the highest (-1) value.

ok, so i didn't know that this was your intention

Thread Information