Forum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hello.

a) Probably you have activated the volume plugin. Try deactivating it:
    Settings --> Plugins --> Uncheck "Volume Control" --> "Close Button"

b) part portuguese, part english --> probably you are using an old translation. Select language English, but that affects to all the client: options and permissions.
    Settings --> Options --> Application --> Language --> Select 'English' --> Ok button

Greetings.

Thanks, I think it worked!

I can't hear anything

I'm using a logitech headset, everything else works fine in ts(or I assume so) my microphone bubble lights up when I talk, audio from other applications is reduced when people's microphone bubble's are lit up in ts(I turned that setting on), but I just can't hear anyone talking. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Nothing has worked so far, any suggestions?
    Last edited by Uxor7; June 1st, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

sound lower

Hi for some reason my teamspeak3 keep lowering my battlefield 3 sound and my music is there a way u can help me with that probleme plz

thanks in advance

Thread got moved
    Please use the search function next time.
    Last edited by dante696; July 2nd, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

Turning down the volume of other programs

Hey guys, I have this problem for a long time. I tried to do something, maybe I'm just idiot and can't find suitable option in Options. When someone speaks on Teamspeak3, software forces other programs to volume down. I think I explained it wrong, maybe because my english is not perfect. So, I play many games with my friends, I like to have game's volume on it's permanent value. When my friends start to speak on TS3, Windows likes to volume my games down, when they stop speaking for few seconds, it sometimes goes to it's default value, but sometimes, not always, and it makes me crazy. I don't like to minimize game all the time, and sometimes I have to have my games volume on max. I'm making it more complicated than it really is for sure, everyone who knows english a little bit, will understand me(i guess). Is there any option that turns it off? Thanks!

PS.
    If there is/was any thread like this, can someone give me link? I tried to search, but no effect.

Thread got moved
    Please use the search function next time.
    Last edited by dante696; July 2nd, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Hi all. I am having the problem of whenever someone speaks in TS3 my game volume drops down real low.
    I searched the forums and google, and all i could find was to disable volume control and the communication settings.

Both are disabled and yet it still happens, its very very frustrating and has been happening for months now, so i finally decided to come and ask if anyone has a solution.
    I even tried enabling volume control, with the slider at 0% it totally mutes my game volume, and with it at 100% (which shouldnt change the volume) it still ducks out the volume by around 50%.
    The slider bars in volume mixer shows no movement on my game application either.
    Also, this is ducking ONLY game volumes, not anything else. media player, youtube etc all stay at full volume. I tried 3 different games and all do the same thing.

Please help.
    Last edited by Ohai Xi; June 4th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Teamspeak 3 muting all other sounds

No matter what I do, Teamspeak mutes all other programs on my computer. I researched this to try and find a solution, and every solution involved a "volume control" plugin. However, my Teamspeak client does not include this plugin, and I cannot install it to fix the problem. The Teamspeak folder which is supposed to be C:>Program Files>Teamspeak 3 does not exist. I have reinstalled TS3 multiple times, yet nothing has fixed this.

I am running a custom HP Phoenix with beats64 audio, triple GTX 690s, and 16 gbs ram.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and am running Teamspeak 3 3.0.10.1

I was told to look at post #11 on this current thread, however that fixes nothing.

UPDATE: Teamspeak COMPLETELY disables the sound of all other games/applications, so far that they do not appear in my computer's sound mixer.
    Last edited by MercifulFerret; June 18th, 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Teamspeak reduces volume of all other running programs

So, I've gotten myself a new headset that uses usual headphone plugs instead of usb.
    Since then, my teamspeak always reduces the volume of all other tools when someone speaks.
    I don't have the volume control plugin enabled and I've set "when windows detects communications activity" to "do nothing", still, all my other sounds get reaaally quiet.
    Any idea why this happens?

Edit: apparently it's not teamspeak which is doing this... some other signals also lower all other sounds. Have to search somewhere else I guess
    Last edited by TheKilledDeath; October 25th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

Teamspeak lowers volume of other programs.

As far as I can tell, there's no volume control plugin in teamspeak, and the communications tab of my sound settings on "Do nothing", but for some reason it still lowers my volume. The plugins listed are:

AppScanner
    ClientQuery, which is checked
    Lua Plugin
    Teamspeak 3 control plugin, which is checked
    Test Plugin
    G15 Keyboard LCD display

I keep reading about a volume control plugin but it's not listed. Anyone know what else could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris Vel View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's no volume control plugin in teamspeak, and the communications tab of my sound settings on "Do nothing", but for some reason it still lowers my volume. The plugins listed are:

AppScanner
    ClientQuery, which is checked
    Lua Plugin
    Teamspeak 3 control plugin, which is checked
    Test Plugin
    G15 Keyboard LCD display

I keep reading about a volume control plugin but it's not listed. Anyone know what else could be the problem?

Hello, I have the exact same problem.. What soundcard do you have.. I have the Soundblaster Z and am running Windows 8.1... I have also rolled back to a previous soundcard driver but still have the same problem.. No fixes seem to work

Had a look at the smart volume feature of that card?

There is an option in Teamspeak 3 under "Recording" called "Echo Reduction", it decreases the volume of other clients while you speak - turn it off.

Teamspeak reducing volume of everything else

Hello, everytime i connect to a ts3 server the volume of every other program on my computer is lowered.
    I searched for a solution and so far the only ones i found didn't work.'
    I went to sound->communications and ticked do nothing, didn't work.
    The interesting fact is that is that i didn't use to have that problem, but then reinstalled windows and this problem appeared.
    Thanks in advance.

Audio of other applications fades/drops in quality at random whilst ts is running

Hello, I have been looking around for a solution for this for the past 2 days and I only found a single thread regarding this issue, it however was very old and remained unanswered.

So here is my issue at hand: I have had this issue for about a month now (it might correlate with me installing windows 10?) but recently it has drawn to my attention that it only happens whilst I have the ts3 client running. I don't even have to have people talking in the channel I am in. For as long as the client is open audio of my other applications such as Spotify, my browser or iTunes starts to sound grainy and fade at random for short periods of time (I'd say like 10 times every 3 minutes). And it generally just gets annoying.

Things I have tried to fix this:
    Reinstall/update sound drivers
    Check the settings for my playback device, the communications tab is checked to "do nothing".

Another thing to note is that it is not limited to a single sound device, built in speakers of my laptop, headphones and external speakers have the same issue to it is definitely a software issue!

I hope anyone can help me out with this, it has gotten to the point where I just close my teamspeak client whenever I want to listen to music or consume media.
    Last edited by dante696; September 7th, 2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: merged

Teamspeak 3 reducing volume of other programs.

I have this issue where Teamspeak lowers the volume of other programs, while the Skype and Steam voice chats don't. I've tried various "fixes" from the internet, with none of them working. Does anyone here have any ideas for stuff I could try?

Notes:
    - There is no volume control plugin
    - Windows is set to "do nothing"
    - Applications can't take exclusive control
    - Echo reduction and cancellation are not active
    - Tried deleting the TS3Client folder in Appdata/roaming
    - Tried reinstalling/repairing
    - Volume change doesn't appear in the volume mixer
    - ANY sound from Teamspeak lowers the volume.

I don't know the client version, but I am running Windows 8.1.

Thread Information