Forum

Editing Group Auto Update Type - Insufficient Group Modify Power

Hello there,

I have encountered this for awhile now, and I was hoping to get some insight into why this might be happening.

First off, a little background. We have a number of groups, ranging from permissions of 5 on almost everything to a permission value of 200 for most groups. There is however a special group, which I have designated "Over 9000" and as you can guess, the permission values on almost everything are over 9000(9001 to be exact).

Lately, I have attempted to modify the group's Auto Update Type, as well as the Auto Update Max Value, and both of these have resulted in a insufficient group modify power.

What I think are the relevant permission values are:

Group Modify Power: 9001 Grant: 9001
    Needed G Modify Power: 9001 Grant: 9001
    Permission Modify Power: 9001 Grant: 9001
    Ignore Perm Mod Power: True Grant: 9001

So, going from here, aside from the "over 9000" values, does anything look out of the ordinary?

Is there any Grant value set behind that permission in your group? You can't set any permission without permission_modify power (Grant).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sorry, I became somewhat busy and did not respond to this, however there is a Grant value set for both of those permissions as well.

I think I have figured out what is causing it. I am not sure it is intended though.

So, what I think it is, is the group modify power is stopping the group from being edited to a value above it's modify power.

So, as with the example above, if I set the Grant value for i_group_modify_power to 9005 and attempt to change that value to coincide with the new granted value, or even 1 below the grant value, it throws this error. But I can modify anything up to and including the i_group_modify_power value. With the exception of the auto update type.

I experienced this on a new server with which I wanted to set the permission values above 75.

Thread Information