Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Client: RC2 Pre 1 x64: TS3 does not close

Hi there,
    in the newest version from the beta channel I have a problem when closing TS3.
    The window closes but the systray sign stays there. The TS3 process is shown in the taskmanager indefinitely, too.
    Therefore I must close the process via taskmanager every time.

System:
    Win 7 x64
    Last edited by Fluppesjoe; June 7th, 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Please give us some informations about your client log and soundcard or usb device, that you use for talking.
    Does this Client Rc2-pre2 solve your problem?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What information regarding my client log do you need?
    I am using a G35 Logitech headset.

The Pre 2 does not fix the problem.

Just upload 1 logfile, where it happened. What settings for playback and capture do you use?
    does it happen everytime, when you close your client?
    Example: you connect to a server and just close the client after that.
    I use my G35 for my laptop and Pc and can't say, that it does not close.

Also check, that no plugin is hanging.
    Is your driver version up to date?
    http://www.logitech.com/de-at/438/50...s&bit=&osid=14
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Every time I close it.
    Plugins: only standard ones and the now playing plugin.
    Lastest x64 driver is installed (but: the x64 drivers on the Logitech HP are x86 only. I did write a mail to Logitech regarding this topic)
    Modes are both: automaticly choose best mode

PS.: a dump file is never created when this happens.
    PPS.: Suggestion: It could be some problem with the G15 Plugin. This is shown on my display indefinitely, too.
    PPPS.: I am testing at the moment but I can't reproduce this bug atM. Maybe: TS did not close correctly once and afterwards it had a hickup but things like hickups should not be there. One time correctly closing fixed it. But this is only an assumption. I will further look into it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fluppesjoe; May 27th, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

I came back home late, started TS3, closed it because of a new update and the client again did not correctly shut down.
    After the update the bug remains.
    But it seems you are right, Chris. Maybe it has something to do with quick actions within a server.
    Connected to server, closing client moments later = client does not shut down
    Changing channel, closing client moments later = client does not shut down
    But: randomly without quick actions (if you dont count writing or speaking as an action) the client does not end normally, too

I been having the same bug on Windows Xp 32 bits I been testing this bug for the last week i been playing with the idea this is plugin bug not with a plugin but with the number of plugin its seems anytime i have more then 10 plugins running the teamspeak stays running after i close out teamspeak doesnt matter what plugins i am running i can change the order and still have the same bug.

Version:
    3.0.0-rc2-pre2 [Build: 14538] on Windows 32bit

It seems that the more plugins you run it takes more time to exit teamspeak when you get past 9 or 10 plugins it gets to slow for teamspeak and it stays open and you have to kill the teamspeak in the Task Manger processses.
    Last edited by Reksh; May 30th, 2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Talked to screech and tested it more

I've been playing around with updating the now playing plugin and found an interesting problem. The plugin creates an additional thread for a mainloop that that uses a while loop and a Sleep (from 500 to ?) near the end. A plugin variable iRun is set in the Init code and then in the shutdown set to 0. if when the loop ends its sleep iRun is 0, the loop exist. Also, just before the loop the variable iIsRunning is set to 1 and just after the loop it is set to 0. after the shutdown sets iRun to 0 it has its own while loop waiting on iIsRunning to be set to 0 before continuing release the additional thread. What I found is that if I have several plugins before now_playing running it appears that TS3 killed the thread for the mainloop, so iIsRunning is never set to 0 and the while in the shutdown code never ends... I've added a time limit to the while loop in the shutdown and now my TS3 does not hang on exit. But now I found that if I click the reload all button in the plugins window fast enough the shutdown of the plugin is called before the init finishes, and TS3 crashes.

So, if TS3 is releasing additional thread it should not be doing this. And without a doubt the Reload All button in the plugins windows needs to be disabled after getting clicked until all of the plugins have finished their init code.

OK, I've released 0.13.1150 that should stop now_playing plugin from hanging TS3 up on exit, even if the additional thread is closed by something other than the plugin.

Seems that your update fixed this matter.
    But I will do further testing.

Problem solved
    Thank you, Screech

Thread Information