Forum

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armada651 View Post
    Are you sure you're using the correct version? Normally you'd only get that error when you're using the 32-bit version on the 64-bit version or the other way around.
    Not exactly. That's depend of the API version.

If I put your plugin in my client I see on the API verion : 0
    For RC2 I should see 11

It should be API version 11, the only instance where it reports 0 for me is if I use the wrong version. If I install the right version on my computer it works just fine no matter where I download it from and other people are running it too. Are you certain you are using the correct version? If you are using the 64-bit version of TS3 you should use the plugin in the x64 subdirectory. I should've documented this properly in the ReadMe.

But this is not the first time someone reported this kind of problem when it turned out to be unrelated to the version. Like the way it doesn't work on Windows XP unless I compile it on that platform with VS2008 (See the hotfix). But that is under Windows XP, it should work just fine under Windows 7.
    Last edited by Armada651; June 29th, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

I'm most definitely using the g-key.dll located in the x64 directory and the 64-bit version of TS3, so i'm not sure why i'm getting an api version of 0...

I've encountered the same problem on another Windows 7 64-bit machine, I'm going to compile the plugin with VS2008 for both versions and see if that works. Expect a hotfix tomorrow.

I am also having trouble getting the plugin to load. I get the red g-key.dll in the plugins dialog, and the description says
    Plugin failed to load:
    Failed to open plugin.

I am on
    Windows 7 64-bit
    TS3 3.0.0-rc2 Build 14642, 64-bit
    G-Profiler [RELEASE64] - 3.06.109 (8/03/2010 / 09:15:39)

update... I downloaded your source and compiled it with VS2010. My compiled .DLL works just fine; is it possible that you accidentally put the 32-bit DLL in the 64-bit folder?

I tested it on three Windows 7 64-bit machines, two of them work fine with the DLL from the x64 folder. I even recompiled it, the 64-bit DLL works fine on two out of three Windows 7 64-bit machines.

The only difference I can see is that the two machines where the DLL works are fully updated and have VS2010 installed. While the machine where it doesn't work has no development enviroment and hasn't been updated for a while.

I have compiled a new 32-bit and 64-bit version on Windows XP SP2 with VS2008, it works on all machines. I have replaced all the downloads with these new binaries. If you aren't able to load the plugin, please download the new binaries.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

UPDATE: The problem was caused by the absence of the most recent Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable, but instructing everyone to install it would just be inconvenient. The Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable is packaged with TeamSpeak 3, so it makes more sense to compile it against that one.
    Last edited by Armada651; June 30th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

Fixed my issues completely, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Armada651 View Post
    I have compiled a new 32-bit and 64-bit version on Windows XP SP2 with VS2008, it works on all machines. I have replaced all the downloads with these new binaries. If you aren't able to load the plugin, please download the new binaries.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

UPDATE: The problem was caused by the absence of the most recent Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable, but instructing everyone to install it would just be inconvenient. The Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable is packaged with TeamSpeak 3, so it makes more sense to compile it against that one.
    you could also configure your visual c++ project, so that it uses the static lib of the runtime. this should eliminate the need for visual c++ redistributables

Quote Originally Posted by cfxxl View Post
    you could also configure your visual c++ project, so that it uses the static lib of the runtime. this should eliminate the need for visual c++ redistributables
    Interesting, thanks for the info

I've noticed that using this plugin causes teamspeak to completely ignore the setting "Delay releasing Push-To-Talk", is there a way to make it follow the rules set in the options?

It's a very annoying issue, as i'm cutting myself off when talking all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rikai View Post
    I've noticed that using this plugin causes teamspeak to completely ignore the setting "Delay releasing Push-To-Talk", is there a way to make it follow the rules set in the options?

It's a very annoying issue, as i'm cutting myself off when talking all the time.
    These rules are handled at a higher level than the plugin, I will need to reimplement this function to support it, so there is no easy fix. But even if I reimplement it, there is no way for me to detect your delay setting, it would need to be configured in the plugin settings.

The development version already supports more rules, it has support for Continuous Transmission (no longer cuts it off) and using VAD in combination with PTT. Those (and the PTT/VAD setting) are the only high-level rules I can detect within the plugin.

I am currently working on a better way to detect the G-Keys (it would allow me to support more devices and platforms), after I'm done with that I'll implement support for a PTT delay in the plugin settings.

Nice!
    I'll be looking forward to it!

Sounds like a great plugin; however, I cannot seem to get it to work with my G1-3 keys on my G930. I read earlier in the thread that you were attempting to support the headset keys too. I'd be willing to test for you if needed.

I'm currently using Asmodian's G930 Plugins v1.8 for the G930 Software, but those don't allow a PTT, it sends one stroke (or click) even if you hold the G key down; alternatively it allows you to toggle the key (or mouse click). While that is nice, I'd prefer a true PTT function.

EDIT: re-read first post. Contacting you.

Thread Information