Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    It works now. Somehow the plugin decided to not load the API did you update the plugin at all?

Thank you so much for the help my friend. Can't thank you enough.

No problem, the plugin was updated yesterday.

Hi,

I installed Windows 8 RTM last week for tests on my PC and all works fine with your plugin.
    Yesterday I updated the "Logitech Gaming Software" and now:

On chat at startup:
    <10:40:10>_Not enough permissions to hook into Logitech software, try running as as administrator

On log:
    26.08.2012 10:39:19 G-Key Plugin Error Failed to open Logitech software for reading

Logitech:
    Version: 8.35.18
    Date: 08/23/2012

I have tried to remove the Logitech software and reinstall, but no change.

Now I have to start Teamspeak with admin rights for your plugin to work.

~MrCPU

This is a known problem, which is also present on some Windows 7 installations. I'm already using the minimum permissions needed (read-only), maybe there is some way to ask UAC for more permissions.

But as far as I know the only solution is running the application as admin or turning off UAC. You can also make running as admin easier by going to the properties of the TeamSpeak shortcut or executable and checking "Run this program as an administrator" on the Compatibility page.

Not working anymore since 2. client

Hello,

first I want to thank you a thousand times for this awesome .dll

Now to a problem that appeared,
    first I only had 1 TS-Installation ("C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client") on which it worked very well with the following script set at the default-profile in the LGS:
    PHP Code:
    function OnEvent(eventgkeyfamily)

mkey GetMKeyState()

if 
    family == "kb" or family == "lhc" then

if gkey == and mkey == 1 then

if event == "G_PRESSED" then
                    OutputDebugMessage
    ("TS3_PTT_ACTIVATE")

end

if event == "G_RELEASED" then
                    OutputDebugMessage
    ("TS3_PTT_DEACTIVATE")

end
            end

else
            if 
    gkey == 2 then

if event == "G_PRESSED" then
                    OutputDebugMessage
    ("TS3_PTT_ACTIVATE")

end

if event == "G_RELEASED" then
                OutputDebugMessage
    ("TS3_PTT_DEACTIVATE")

end
            end
        end
    end 
    after this a little while later i decided to install a second standalone Client ("C:\TeamSpeak 3 DJ") for my Musicbot, since then I'm unable to use my G930 Headphone-GKeys for the PTT of TS, didn't test any other functions but I also don't need them.

In the attachements are the logs of both installations back to the day where i just had 1 installation and it still worked.

Something else I noticed is, that even if I use another key, like ctrl for PTT and assign this key to the headphones GKey the PTT doesn't work.

Hope you get a clue what's wrong.

System is 64-bit and also the clients, I'm also using the 64-bit .dll

Greetings,
    Meensai
    Attached Files Attached Files

The second install can't attach to the logitech software, make sure you're not trying to run two instances of TeamSpeak with the G-Key plugin at once. Only one of those two will be able to attach to the logitech software to listen for messages, so remove the plugin from the second install and that should solve it.

Also if you have UAC turned on it is recommended to run TeamSpeak as an administrator, it will make sure that the plugin has enough permissions to attach to the logitech software.

I just knew I forgot to mention something, at first the plugin wasn't used(the .dll not even in the folder) by the second instance, then I thought, it could work if it is, so they might listen to it simultanously, but ye...

The instance which uses your plugin runs as an administrator, the second (DJ) doesn't since he doesn't need to, both are 64-bit, so I still got no idea what else to do, even tried to attach the script to different profiles but still the same.

Also tried to completely unbind the used GKeys, so I really run out of ideas which my mind could imagine.

You need to remove or disable the plugin in the second (DJ) instance, you can't have two instances of TeamSpeak with the G-Key plugin enabled running at the same time.

As mentioned in my first post, I use to completely seperated installations of TS3
    ("C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client")
    and
    ("C:\TeamSpeak 3 DJ")
    and to have them running seperate I had to set them saving their "config" folders at the installation-destination, so they're using different plugins.

First client uses the plugin, the second doesn't.

The most recent log of your second install mentions this:
    2012-09-14 22:24:20.501180|ERROR |G-Key Plugin | | Failed to attach debugger
    The fact that it contains an entry of the G-Key Plugin is a clear indicator that it is still installed and active.

Here's the newest log attached, where you won't find such an entry, as I was posting the logs I was still trying around and testing different setups which I thought of could work, I'm really sorry if I caused some confusion with wrong informations.

/edit
    The attached log is from the second client(DJ).
    Attached Files Attached Files

The plugin in the first instance has no reported problems and should be functioning normally. The problem probably lies with the logitech software.

Well then I am at least glad it isn't the fault of your plugin, guess I'll try the re-install the LGS and if that doesn't work... It just doesn't.
    Thank you for the help anyway.

/edit
    Well, blame me or just something, I was about to re-install LGS and started to close all tasks for the re-install and restart after it but right after closing the firefox task it started to work again, restarted firefox again, made a reboot, it's still working, I'm not bothering anymore with the reason but I am just happy and thankful for it
    Last edited by Meensai; September 15th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Very nice plugin =)
    is id possible to whisper to a whisperlist?
    Or how to whisper to a single user? the script from Armada651 dosenīt work with "TS3_WHISPER_CLIENT clientname"
    a small example how to whisper to a list oder a user?

There is an example on page 8: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...860#post321860

Since there seems to be some demand for this feature I'll try and update the documentation to at least document that feature as soon as possible. Until then, I'm afraid you'll have to figure it out according to that example.

Thread Information