Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree with you, but the reg-keys exist in both HKCU\Software\Classes\.ts3_xxxxx and HKCR\.ts3_xxxxx
    Maybe, the HKCR Keys were installed with rc2-pre1 or earlier versions.

But the problem with auto-update is, my install-dir is "%ProgramFiles%\TeamSpeak 3 Client". So the updater needs elevated permissions or have to ask for.

EDIT: Nevermind, updater connected and worked today.

Is the rc2 only for windows and mac releases? Selecting yes/update for the linux amd64 client just exits the client.
    Last edited by tweak42; June 8th, 2011 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xclaude View Post
    I agree with you, but the reg-keys exist in both HKCU\Software\Classes\.ts3_xxxxx and HKCR\.ts3_xxxxx
    Maybe, the HKCR Keys were installed with rc2-pre1 or earlier versions.

But the problem with auto-update is, my install-dir is "%ProgramFiles%\TeamSpeak 3 Client". So the updater needs elevated permissions or have to ask for.
    In that case. I agree with you. I remember being asked for elevated permissions before when installing under a subdirectory of %ProgramFiles%...? Perhaps that's just RC-2 pre-1's updater??? Or maybe I remembered it wrong :-P

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    If you installed TS3 inside a directory where normal user already have Read/Write(Modify/Create Files/Directories)/Execute/List permissions, then it will not ask for elevated privileges and installs/updates will be successful.
    Not true. I have TS3 client installed into a directory where I have read/write permissions, but update.exe always asks for elevated privileges. I have reported this long time ago. It only doesn't ask for elevated privileges when I run it under guest account.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_lmd View Post
    Not true. I have TS3 client installed into a directory where I have read/write permissions, but update.exe always asks for elevated privileges. I have reported this long time ago. It only doesn't ask for elevated privileges when I run it under guest account.

Sorry. I know the difference now. My OS is WinXP! (vmware) =[. Let me try this in newer windows when I have time. I admit my knowledge o windows is not as good as before I made my OS switch. I have deleted windows vista from my PC a year ago. I still use win7 on one of my computers. Never used teamspeak on that computer though.

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    Hi, did you update to the newest version (14621) and try it again?

P.S.: Problem I reported disappeared in the newest version. Thx
    So wired....14621 does fix my problem!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Update4: Another update to build 14621, containing a fix for sound problems on MacOSX[/b]
    Thats all? Why does the windows client download so many files for the update then?

Rafter Guest
    My Teamspeak Client have been asking to update the last 3 days or so.. Eventhough I have updatet it. I use Beta channel and my current version is: 3.0.0-rc2(build 14637)
    Will it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    My Teamspeak Client have been asking to update the last 3 days or so.. Eventhough I have updatet it. I use Beta channel and my current version is: 3.0.0-rc2(build 14637)
    Will it stop?
    14642 is out now. I mean to say: No!

Just wanted to ask:

To allow easily (e.g. double click) installation of addons you can now create zip files with special file suffix that are extracted to the right location by a nice dialogue. We recommend any addons to be bundled like this for ease of use. Supported endings are: .ts3_plugin .ts3_style .ts3_soundpack .ts3_iconpack .ts3_translation .ts3_addon
    I zipped the RC1 default sound folder (after renaming the folder to "default_rc1" and changing the name in settings.ini to "Default Sound Pack (RC1)").
    Then I've changed the file extension from .zip to .ts3_soundpack.
    After double-clicking it I got an error message saying that the addon-info couldn't be read.
    So I'm wondering: what needs to be done to get this working?

Apart from that (which isn't a real problem) everything's running as smooth as it did with the last updates.

Edit:
    Scratch that. I just found the info: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...kage-Installer
    Sorry for the hassle...
    Last edited by Darkcl0ud; June 9th, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

I deleted all posts without any problem or when user started double or tripple posts in other threads.
    *Please don't discuss about old things (like sound packs or permission system)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

edit by mod - removed has nothing to do with the client! - Thank you for ignoring my last post here -_-

-Since rc1, when I am testing my mic in the setup wizard, I do not hear my voice back. It was working fine in the beta version before rc1. Atleast people can hear me amd when I record myself I can hear my voice but apparently the setup wizard doesn't work.

That's about it for now, other than that I appreciate it that you guys regularly update your software. Keep up the good work.

Oh and rc2 fucked up my overlay plugin. Now it only display a yellow "|" in-game when it should display my name while talking. I'll play around with the settings to see if I can get it to work again (overlay settings are not very user friendly btw).

Edit: nop, the overlay is really broken. :/

Also, since rc1, when I edit permissions, sometimes I get a message that this group contains additional permissions that was not set by dialog, do you want to keep it. I say keep, and it says error, not all permissions could be applied but it actually worked as far as I know. Still doing it in rc2. I'm using basic permissions administration, not the advanced options.
    Last edited by Magic978; June 10th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic978 View Post
    Oh and rc2 fucked up my overlay plugin. Now it only display a yellow "|" in-game when it should display my name while talking. I'll play around with the settings to see if I can get it to work again (overlay settings are not very user friendly btw).

Edit: nop, the overlay is really broken. :/
    Works perfect for me. Using with WoW in windowed mode, gxApi=d3d11, Windows 7 32-bit.

since the update and a normal reboot of my computer the voice to text has stopped working. been looking around and found in some logs that files were missing where other packages have them and since i don't use the overlay while gaming it's handy to hear who joins/leaves channels i'm in without haveing to switch to the client

i tried to update the TS3 client from beta to RC2, didnt work as it should be.
    so i downloaded it by hand, and that worked..
    but it is 2ce bigger as beta xD

Thread Information