Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question My microphone is crackling

Hi everyone,

i have one problem and it is that, while i start some game for example dirt3, the witcher 2, all points bulletin my microphone starts to cracks on TS and when i say something my friends start to yelling me to stop talking . Only what helps is that the microphone turn down and turn up in driver program. But when i start dirt3, this help doesn't work. I have Speedlink medusa 5.1 USB (i have old version, newer version is NX) and i have old drivers for classic medusa and now i tried drivers for NX version. The result is that it still doesn't works. I'm running on Win7 Ultimate 64bit. Any views?

P.S. sorry for my english and please, use simply english when you'll answer. THX
    Last edited by eCZko; June 1st, 2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: missclicks

I would be interested in any ideas for a solution too. A friend of mine has the same problem, everything is allright as long as she isn't in a game or just in a loading screen, but as soon as the game itself is running and she tries to talk, everyone hears not only her voice, but kinda loud constant crackling/static sounds.

I have this problem, I have to tab out of the game, quit TS and then restart it, it's like a problem with prioities

I have the same problem, mic works fine until i load a game and then becomes static. I have actually just been reading up and according to speedlink its a USB power issue, apparently plugging the headset into a mains powered usb hub will solve it? I have not tried this yet but will try this evening when i get home, I have tried loads of other things (new drivers, disabling soundcards, changing settings bla bla bla) to no avail, FINGERS CROSSED!

--- Merged ---

Fail!

Did not work for me...... sigh.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 19th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Do any of the games you're playing already have a built in voice function? They may be conflicting with Teamspeak's use of the microphone. If the games have this option, disable it, and restart the game. If they don't, it may be a conflict with your soundcard. Try using some of the windows built in options for your mic. There's some that may be beneficial like echo cancelling or mic boosting. Turning these on and off may assist you in fixing this problem.

--- Merged ---

Also, you may want to check which plugins are active in your Teamspeak client.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 19th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Thread Information