Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question about plugin

Hello,
    I don't have any experience with making plugins for TeamSpeak, so I was wondering if its possible to make a plugin that blocks all clients private messages if they have some banned word, or even better: that have 14-15 numbers in chat ?
    Or at least give notification to admin, or maybe log into some file or something ?

I have big public TS server, and many kids come and start spamming IPs to their teamspeak offering people permanent rooms, VIP, etc, so I would like some notification or list of names, unique ids and messages...

I don't know what are the limitations of teamspeak plugin system, but if its possible, I would like someone willing to make that kind of plugin to write here, private message or email me at turshija(nospam]gmail(nospam]com and we can discuss about price.

There's no need to create a plugin for such things. Simply create a new ban regular expression rule which prevents people with IP addresses in their nicknames from connecting to your server at all. Example:

.*[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+.*

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    There's no need to create a plugin for such things. Simply create a new ban regular expression rule which prevents people with IP addresses in their nicknames from connecting to your server at all. Example:

.*[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+.*
    But what if a guy named "lolwtf" joins and starts spamming people in chat ?
    Also I forgot to notice that I want to see the list of the messages, since there will be lots of them, because 99% of the people are gamers which are giving each others IP addresses of game servers, so I want to distinguish them and ban spammers

So you're saying that you want to filter chat messages too?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    So you're saying that you want to filter chat messages too?
    Nope, only to log specific messages somewhere (separate file, mysql, whatever possible), with name, exact copy of message, IP and unique ID of a person who wrote message that had more than 14 numbers in it

There are several Problems to this:

• You cannot filter private Messages at all (you do not have access to them unless you are the receiver or sender of the message)
    • In order to filter Channel Chat Messages you would have to be inside the Channel the Message is send to (no Access otherwise)

While the first one might be neglectable the second one sure kills this as you would need to be in every Channel at the same time, which means you would need a client (if only a query client) in all channels at all times.

Long story short: Not possible.

Thanks for your reply SilentStorm!

If I understood everything, there are NO server side plugins, only client side ?

Quote Originally Posted by turshija View Post
    If I understood everything, there are NO server side plugins, only client side ?
    There is something like server side stuff, but even on server side you have the same limitations (only listen to one channel chat at a time).

Thread Information