Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: In-game overlay

Question In-game overlay

So, I have enabled the in-game overlay like this guy http://forum.teamspeak.com/attachmen...1&d=1306630261 and I wanted to know if its possible to move that overlay so that I can move it to left top corner or somewhere else

While the "Scroll Lock" key is activated, you can move that overlay around with the mouse.

ok thanks!!!

Ok I heard that you need to use "Scroll Lock" to move the TS3 overlay. I ran "ort" to get the "Keyboard" layout since my keyboard dose not have a Scroll. It seems that my Scroll Lock key is my "Caps Lock" key. So knowing that I went into the game to performe this task but nothing at all happend...Just could not move the overlay...What could I be doing incorrect??

@ 5326_Franklin: You can change that key:
    TS3 Client -> Settings -> Plugins -> Select "DirectX overlay plugin" -> Settings -> Input -> Activation key

Wink

Hi, I run World Of Tanks, & after setting my hot-key to move the Overlay to VK_END, nothing happens. Sorry to ask a silly question, but all the technical stuff IE "Enable Mouse Poll" , "Use in-game Cursor" , "Keyboard Hook All Threads" & "Mouse Hook All Threads" dont seem to work in any combination.

Please help.

Kind regards, Sam.

Sorry to bump this myself but can anyone help please ?

Yep I finally figured the "Scroll Lock" issue out.....But how can I darken the names in the overlay so there to see???

Quote Originally Posted by 5326_Franklin View Post
    how can I darken the names in the overlay so there to see???
    Not tested, but both ways should work:
    TS3 Client -> Settings -> Plugins -> Select "DirectX overlay plugin" -> Settings -> Colors
    or
    In game you should see somewhere a Teamspeak logo if you use the "Scroll Lock" key (or the key you set for this). Right click on this logo, somewhere there is also a setup screen with the possibility to change the colors.

@ Flappers: If you are using Windows Vista / 7 (UAC enabled) and the game runs with admin permissions, it might be needed to run Teamspeak with admin permissions as well.

No more ideas, sorry.

Understood, I'll try both ways and get back to you...

Well couldn't find the entire root of ts3, did right click on the ts3 icon and was able to get rid of the blue background where only the names show up. But nothing about Darkening or changing colors..

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    @ Flappers: If you are using Windows Vista / 7 (UAC enabled) and the game runs with admin permissions, it might be needed to run Teamspeak with admin permissions as well.

No more ideas, sorry.
    Works like a dream now Stefan, thanks

Just one issue, the overlay jumps to the opposite edge of the screen or returns to its original position on a restart of the game. Anyway to permanently lock it in position please ?

Yea, I have found that issue as well...As far I understand everytime you get back into the game you need to reset back to where you want...

Thread Information