Forum

Be in Query admin group

Edit by mod
    This method is absolutly not recommended. Never add yourself in this group if you don't know what you do.
    You can broke your permission system.

Section 1
    -MAKE A SECOND IDENTITY BEFORE CONTINUING THEN MAKE THAT IDENTITY AN ADMIN
    -Before i get into this YOU MUST be able to log in the query client
    -You MUST know your server query password (issued on 1st server boot)
    -If you do not have or know your password for your server query login YOU MUST refer to the following link BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...word-Look-here!

Section 1-A
    Those of you that have your password proceed with the following:

#1- First thing you must do is log into your server query account. In this section i will explain in bone crushing detail as to how you will do this.

#2-Log into your server like you normally would. Then in your ts3 CLIENT go to "TOOLS" then select "SERVER QUERY" or ctrl+shift+V. You will see a smaller window open up, I call this the "query window". By default the "AUTHENTICATION" Tab should be selected. After that use the drop down menu and select "MANUAL".

#3- Now if you look directly to the LEFT you will see a white box or input window with what looks like a green and red PLAY BUTTON above it. in that input window add this command.

login serveradmin (your query pass here)
    use 1
    servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=(your database ID here)

The following is an example

login serveradmin boobies<--this being where you put the password
    use 1
    servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=12<---this is your data base ID find your data base ID# by simply clicking ONCE on yourself while logged into ts3 server. Then look to the info window on the right to see your ID#.

#4-Now simply hit the GREEN play button at the top of the window and you should get this message,

error id=0 msg=ok (31 ms)
    Total: 31 ms

If you do not get this then you typed a command wrong DOUBLE NO TRIPLE CHECK lol.

#5-Ok so asuming you got that last part right all you need to do now is close the "QUERY LOGIN WINDOW" closing this window will in turn close the session on server query and log the query client out of the server. Now if you open up "PERMISSIONS" then "CLIENT PERMISSIONS" now check the "SERVER QUERY GROUP" and your name should be there.

Now after all that you should have your ID flagged as a query ID (like mine) and you should now always be a query account every time you log in basicly a super admin. Now you should be able to change anything you want (be sure you know what you are doing)

To address the client can kick/ban issue refer to this thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-fix-in-detail.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 28th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

forgot

i forgot to mention the fact the THIS TUTORIAL ASUMES YOU ARE A SERVER ADMIN. If you are not an admin you will not be able to do this.

IMPORTANT

NEVER ADD YOURSELF IN THE ADMIN QUERY GROUP.
    There is other things to do before.
    This kind of method can become dangerous if you don't know what you do.

This is absolutly not recommanded and other ways exists to solved this problem.

(If you still want that, create a second identity to avoid any non volontary error. Many people make this method and they destroy theirpermission system.)
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 12th, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

They should have NO problem iv done this for the last 2 YEARS and no issues are appearing like what you describe. HOWEVER there is a danger of some one having this degree of control. Again HOWEVER if you do not know what you are doing then this can YES be a problem BUT!! like anything in this world its a risk. Heck simply running a server is a risk, But in order to solve a specific problem this tutorial was REQUESTED by various users to be writen by me.

I dont think its as big of an issue and florian makes it out to be. I have helped MANY people in this way with NO issue hope this helps

In any case it is definitely recommended to not add your normal identity to the admin query server group. One wrong click in the permssions and you can cause lots of problems. Its much easier and safer to create a 2nd identity for this. You don't need admin query for day to day server administration and those that rent don't get access to it at all and run their servers just fine.

No i agree i do have a second identity, And upon login i am server query by default. BUT! i also know what i am doing and in all these years i have never once had an issue with being query admin 24/7. The only thing that can be bad is lack of common sence when ever anything is configured on my server it is checked twice by me and twice by another admin same goes with server groups 2 years since ts3 has come out and not a problem yet . My server is 24/7/365 never has crashed,never been hacked (isa firewall ) very tight permission config that does not allow for any funny stuff by clients. NOT broadcasting on ANY server list,Hosting several clans in in rpg mmo to fps ect ect.

There are other ways sure work arounds and such, But really any server host SHOULD know what i have explained there is the work around way and there is the RIGHT way Any host SHOULD know how to use server query fluently and safely in order to properly control ones own server. Perhaps we differ on this subject but i still stand by the original post

Darkbolt, what you have provided is good info but both Florian and I can speak to the fact that not every server host is as careful and as knowledgeable as the three of us are with TS3. We have helped many people with issues that to us seem simple and easy but for those we have helped it was confusing and hard. Florian and I are just trying to make sure that those that are not as sure footed with TS3 don't get themselves into a bind by accident.

Very good directions thank you. I followed them to a "t" and I am in the server query server group but I still cannot change anything. I cant add b_virtualserver_modify_weblist to the server query group, I can't even do it in the serverquery window logged in as the server admin (only error is insufficient permission.) Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I'm in a real bind here. Thanks

thats odd antizax you should be able to modify anything at this point. Ill do some more research and figure out your issue(i hope) As for the other posts i do agree with you guys 100% BUT!! these directions i have writen are a result of research into this very issue both by info provided in this forum and else where.

it is true that if you do not know what you are doing then yes like anything you can screw stuff up. But i did mention this "Make sure you know what you are doing" in the original post most of the info i have provided is both a combination of users and dev team info and most of this info was taken right from these forums (i discovered the search function) and took the info i found and made a tutorial with it so in contrast the ts3 community and the ts3 DEV team is the source of the info i put in the tutorial.

This is the way i did it and no problems even when i didnt know anything about ts3 i did this with no problems. of course there are people out there with the attention span of a grape and they will mess things up lol. Unfortunatly i can not help those people and the people who do mess something up only learn from there mistakes and are better off in the end.

antizax i used the very method described in this post myself and did not have this issue but i will try to figure out whats up with your situation this might take some time though

I've done some searching myself and found that my problem can arise from updating the server from older versions (have had mine since beta 15 or something.) Some how the permissions database gets messed up. I can't do anything about that as I have zero experience with SQL. If you turn anything else up please let me now, and I appreciate the effort. Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem I put the new version of teamspeak3 Server 3.0.0 x86 linux

but he can not change the permissions of a group can you help me please?

http://team-area51.net/ts3bug.PNG

problem solved. with this post

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...rushing-Detail

Thread Information