Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Sound pack Rc1 is gone. Bring it back

Serious, wtf are you guys doing?

why the hell would you replace a sexy british voice, with one of a oversized american female with it's own atmosphere and gravitiy?

this shit is seriously a reason to switch to rogerwilco or ventrillo.

Ts3 already is overpowered, oversized and has way to many useless options to begin with, and this really is the drop that fills the bucket.

Change for the sake of change is not a very well reason to roll out a update of your software. Changes should improve user experience, not to make their life harder by adding shit that no-one is happy with.

Really dissapointed in Teamspeak atm.

Uuuuhm i have to agree with King up here ^^

We had some sexy reverbed female voice and now we got a noobass female voice with no accent at all.
    Even TS2 had better voices then this so give us back the sexy female voice again.

This freaking sucks and yeah... Ventrilo can be a good option!!!

I can't resist the temptation to correct Kingsley that was a client update. The server has nothing to do with the sound pack.

The new sound packs aren't too bad in my opinion, except the actor and actress said everything a bit too fast, and it isn't very clear in a noise-filled game session.

I liked the rate the "sexy actress" talked in RC-1.

Don't pout dante (CC: ScP & Peter)! You should expect people who were happy about the RC-1's sound pack like the gents here (including myself, and please forgive Kingsley's colorful language) would not voice their opinions until it's gone. Most of the people came to the forum to discuss issues, and not compliment successes. Honestly, I liked RC-1 rather than RC-2. Isn't this the purpose of "release candidates"? (by denotations )

Right now, I am using St. John's sound pack heh. [It's the only soundpack I have right now with an actor/actress who don't speak too fast for a game.] I know I could extract RC-1 soundpack, except I can't seem to download RC-1 anymore.

I agree that tastes differ. I prefer the new female voice over the RC1 one, but it's logical that there are people who liked the RC1 sounds the most.

Currently, there are 5 different official sound packs:

1. pre-RC1 sounds (<= beta36)
    Those audio files were created using a licensed TTS engine. The sound quality was very poor... good enough for an internal alpha test and the early beta, but not professional enough for the final/stable release.

2. RC1 sounds
    This was the most expensive sound pack we had recorded. The VOs were made by a female voice artist in a professional recording studio. It was intended to be the one and only default sound pack for the TS3 client, but due to the s**tload of negative feedback we had to replace it. A RC2 compatible one-click installer addon with these sounds will be uploaded on our addons page this weekend.

3. Alternate Jon St. John sounds
    Actually, this is a DNF sound pack (as many of you probably already know). We hired the official voice actor of the Duke - the one and only Jon St. John - to record these very special custom audio files for us. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to label it "Duke Nukem"... but that's another story. It was primarily intended as a gift to the community and can be found on our addons page.

4. & 5. RC2 sounds
    As I've already said, these sound packs were created due to the negative feedback we've received about the RC1 sounds. We made a quick decision and hired Jon St. John again to create two new default sound packs for us. Yes, the male voice in the RC2 client is actually Jon St. John too - using a not so heavy, but still "ballsy" voice. The female VOs were recorded by Jons colleague Jodina - known from numerous TV and radio commercials, etc.

As you can see, we've done a lot to please everyone of you guys. The key issue is: we simply can't include all sounds in the TS3 client installer and the total filesize of the RC1 sounds is too large to be bundled with a second sound pack.

Each of these sound packs are or will be available for download on our addons page, so there's no reason to bitch around anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post

3. Alternate Jon St. John sounds
    Actually, this is a DNF sound pack (as many of you probably already know). We hired the official voice actor of the Duke - the one and only Jon St. John - to record these very special custom audio files for us. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to label it "Duke Nukem"... but that's another story. It was primarily intended as a gift to the community and can be found on our addons page.

As you can see, we've done a lot to please everyone of you guys. The key issue is: we simply can't include all sounds in the TS3 client installer and the total filesize of the RC1 sounds is too large to be bundled with a second sound pack.

Each of these sound packs are or will be available for download on our addons page, so there's no reason to bitch around anymore...

P.S: Duke's pack might need patching for RC-2. I had to change Settings.ini to include the new "special" configurations such as "talking while muted", "mic clicks on/off", etc.

Thanks for all the hard works on the sound packs TS team =]. It's good to hear we can download RC-1 soundpack again.

i agree, its really bad, its sorta faster i would say, but the voice is anyoing when someone pokes you it says wake up! lol and then its like a deep girl voice its weird but the teamspeak 3 team built it so its good enough for me and congrats to the people who made it

Bring back the old female voice please!!!

The new female voice you guys put on sounds like a transvestite. The old one was one of the reasons i switched to ts in the first place. please bring her back!

well, the server was upgraded right about the time I updated my client, so forgive my mistake.

Colorfull or not, it's the truth.. the new voice is just that bad. i want the sexy british voice..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Colorfull or not, it's the truth.. the new voice is just that bad. i want the sexy british voice..
    As I already stated in another thread...

1. Download the RC1 client
    2. Extract the sound pack
    3. Use it
    4. Stop bitching

Thanks ScP for providing alternative options on the addons page for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    As I already stated in another thread...

1. Download the RC1 client
    2. Extract the sound pack
    3. Use it
    4. Stop bitching

i like how you put it like that :P

Smile Voice selection

I see we now have male or female choice of voice now. That is great, but I like the female voice from the previous update (RC1?). Her accent was just plain sexy. Can you make more options and bring her back?

Step 1: http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ck-(Brit).html

Step 2: Extract

Step 3: Use

Step 4: Stop Bitching

I always use the Text to Speak Soundpack because I love it to know who joins wich Channel/Server and so on.
    Would be nice when its possible to have alternative voices there too.
    But one Question to the Threadstarter.
    Why is this Thread called "Last server update"?

I love the new version u can under stand her/him better.

Thread Information