Forum

Thread: MySQL

MySQL

I don't know if this is going to be a cry for help or an observation. I would much rather use MySQL for TeamSpeak 3 for starters. I updated my Centos from 5.6 to 6.0 and I am sticking with 6. My problem is the "unable to load database plugin library "libts3db_mysql.so", halting!" error.

MySQL version is 5.1.52
    Centos 6.0 with all updates

I've tried starting server with ./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini with the same results.

I've also tried running a older version of MySQL hosted on another computer, but can't get past the plugin error.

Is this because of the newer version of MySQL?

please check the library-depencies with "ldd libts3db_mysql.so". I think you need the client-libs of mysql5.1, which have compatibillity for 5.0 (client-side).

The output of ldd libts3db_mysql.so is:

linux-gate.so.1 => (0x00fbf000)
    libmysqlclient.so.15 => not found
    libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x0036a000)
    libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x00c63000)
    libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00847000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00110000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x008b7000)
    I have libmysqlclient.so.15 installed in the ts3 root folder and tried

ln -s libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0 libmysqlclient.so.15
    and
    ldconfig /usr/lib/mysql

with the same results, unable to load database plugin library "libts3db_mysql.so", halting!"

Hello

Try with the method from this post : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...202#post236202

Search function

Got it working. Thank you, florian_fr40 for your help, I have been searching google and these threads for the solution. My problem was Centos 6.0 upgraded MySQL to v. 5.1.52 and the file libmysqlclient.so.15 is not included. In the above thread link:

If you can't use the original CentOS packages, you may be able to solve the problem by downloading the CentOS mysql package from one of the mirrors (mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.i386.rpm) and then extract the RPM file in some temporary location and copy the working libmysqlclient library file.
    Code:

$ mkdir /tmp/ts3
    $ cd /tmp/ts3
    $ wget <URL-to-one-of the-mysql-5.0.77-packages>
    $ rpm2cpio mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.i386.rpm | cpio -idv

After that last command, you'll find the library file in ./usr/lib/mysql. Copy both the file "libmysqlclient.so.15" and put it in your TS3 folder and see if things improve. Running "ldd" again will seem to fail unless you
    Code:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/my/ts3server/folder

Thread Information