Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bug in TS3 v3.0.0-rc2 [Build: 14642]

Hey Developers,

I have had troubles binding hotkeys. The wizard said something like direct input devices were not detected or so and it wouldn't let me use any hotkeys. I tried to set them up in the wizard, as well as in the Options tab. The hotkey-field was always disabled.

I disabled numpad and reactivated it, as someone in the forums said, and it still would not let me set any hotkeys.
    I browsed this forum for another 5 minutes and well, found no solution. So I restarted TS and suddenly all worked like a charm.

Please have a look into this boogus.

I'm running Windows Vista 64bit.

Thanks,
    Advanium

So you can set hotkeys now?
    Please tell us your hardware (keyboard / mouse / joystick / gamepad) that you use.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Bug in TS3 v3.0.0-rc2 [Build: 14642]

Another bug is the sounds seem not to be working. In settings>options>playback the "play test sound" seems to have stopped working, aswell as the "Own client plays mic clicks" and the "Other clients play mic clicks".

Windows 7 32bit,
    Jerelo.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    So you can set hotkeys now?
    Please tell us your hardware (keyboard / mouse / joystick / gamepad) that you use.
    To answer your first question: Yes. It worked after the restart of TeamSpeak.
    The specs of the hardware are - as requested:
    Keyboard: Cherry G230 Slim-Line
    Mouse: Logitech MX518
    No joysticks, gamepads etc. attached.

There was another boogus when I updated on my WinXP 32bit client. After the update, a registry change was about to be performed, but TS said that the createfileassoc.exe could not be run and I should manually do that. Thing is, another window popped up saying the file associations were performed successfully. This got me confused.

Hope this helps solving some problems for other users.
    Regards,
    Advanium

I finally can reproduce the issue raised in the first message:
    I get the message at startup and can not assign a hotkey when I connect the USB hub of my Apple Cinema 30" display to the computer.
    Reboot, restart, etc. did not help. The symptom is there even when nothing is connected to the Hub.
    When I disconnect the HUB then I can assign hotkeys as expected.
    Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit.

Unable To Select Push To Talk Key

Hello,

My Teamspeak 3 was working perfectly fine, I just got an update for TS3 RC2 and it totally just messed my keys up. Upon getting into a server I tried to use my push to talk key which was set to Mouse 4. I tried to uninstall Teamspeak 3 and re-install it and alas nothing. When I go to select a Push to talk key via Setup Wizard I press Select Hotkey and it won't let me push anything I can't even set it as a keyboard key or a mouse button. I can only use the continuous transmission or voice detection.

What gives?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Problem with Push-to-Talk and Hotkeys in TS3 v3.0.0-rc2 [Build: 14642]

Right after the patch, TS told me that it couldnt find the Direct Input Devices (not translated literally, sorry im German ) And i can't use the Push To Talk anymore. And if I want to set a new Push-To-Talk Button or an other hotkey, the buttons are gray. :/

Have the same problem. Where no hotkey or push to talk works... before the latest patch all worked >.<

Hello,

I don't really know what it is now but to fix the issue I have to restart my computer, my PPT key works in Ventrilo, and all other programs besides Teamspeak ever since the stupid RC2 update. I'm going to try to downgrade somehow and see what happens until you guys are able to pin point what's going on.

RC1 works fine with no problems.

Do you get a warning message, when you try to set any hotkey or on client start?

Did Rc1 client work?
    You can get an try this client here http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/rc1/

What devices are conencted to you computer?
    I get these devices from your log Microsoft® SiderWinderTM X4 Keyboard & G9x Laser Mouse
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hello,

Thank you for responding. RC1 works perfectly fine, it doesn't give me any warnings at all when trying to select a hotkey in RC2 because it simply doesn't let me. Either on the keyboard or the mouse.

The only USB Devices I have connected to my computer are G9X Mouse from Logitech, SideWinder X4 Keyboard from Microsoft, Astro A40 Mixamp via USB.

That's all via USB.

Rc2 Question: You said, you dont get a warning, when you set a hotkey, but what happens on client start? does it tell you, that hotkeys are deactivated?

Dear Support/Developers,

The problem is still around, and in my specific case it now goes like this:

Every first start of TS3 the hotkeys do not work and I have to restart the application and disable/enable numlock to get them back to work again. Seems like numlock actually has something to do with this behaviour on my machine but I can't figure out the reason behind it.

And it seems to affect more people, as bert00 and shentoza have similiar problems with hotkey binding.

Not trying to push this thing up in priority, but it's really annoying =)

Thanks for looking into this,
    Advanium

It doesn't tell me anything of the sort at all. I honestly don't know what's going on, like I said previously I have to restart my computer to get hotkey functionality back. If I have a hotkey set (I've tried CTRL, SHIFT, Mouse 4, and Mouse 5) randomly while having a conversation the hotkey will cease to function and I will be unable to change the hotkey. Upon starting up the hotkey works fine, it stops working mid conversation.

A full restart of the computer is required to get the ability to talk again back via push to talk.

Again this only happens on RC2 so whatever's been changed since then is causing an issue for some odd reason, even though RC1 works perfectly fine no errors no nothing. Hotkeys all set perfectly fine and work great.

We are wondering, that it works fine on Rc1 :-/
    You restart your computer and then you can set them?

Do you start other software that captures hotkeys, before you use TeamSpeak?
    How can it work, when it dos not work before a reboot. hmm

edit
    Please reenable all warnings and hints under Settings > Options > Application > Reset Confirmations
    Last edited by dante696; June 16th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Thread Information