Forum

Can only connect through localHost

hello, i was wondering if anyone at all could help me via teamviewer (trusted). I've done everything im supposed too, i've done all the port forwarding etc and at one point my server was up and running until my ISP had problems and my IP changed. ever since then i haven't be able to connect to my teamspeak server (yes im using my new IP)

i was just wondering if an admin or trusted member could have a look and help me get my server up and running again i've got the new teamspeak 3 update and everything i just dont understand why no one else can connect, even i can't connect when using my IP i can only connect via localhost >.< please help, either reply PM or add my msn nic1806********.com. your help will be greatly appreciated it'll be more clear when looking at it.

If it is on your network you most likely will not be able connect using the external IP (WAN IP) address. You'll need to use either localhost, 127.0.0.1 or the LAN IP of that machine.

i've been able to connect via the external IP before, like i was saying. i also want others to be able to connect to it aswell like for example, someone in queensland

My guess is that the IP of the computer that hosts your server has changed as well and your port forwarding is not working now.

ill check that out, but i dont see why my port forwarding would just stop working?

When you setup port forwarding you told the router to forward any data coming in on said port to a specific IP address. If that IP address changes the router doesn't send the data to the new location.

Thread Information