Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: TSDNS problem

TSDNS problem

I've recently upgraded to the TS3 rc1 server and managed to set up the TSDNS. Since the first day I noticed some users had problems connecting but due to the low amount of users affected by this, I gave no importance and figured it was something on their end. I thought it was just a one-time error and would go away as well. However, this problem hasn't been fixed yet.

When connecting, random people which isn't many receive the error "Unable to resolve hostname" and I am forced to provide them the actual IP and port in which then they are able to connect perfectly. At times It does become a bit annoying.

How can I prevent this from happening so frequently? I've tried restarting tsdnsserver_linux_x86 and the teamspeak server itself but rarely works. I'm not sure if this is on my end or what. Anything would help.

I'm using a Debian Linux.

Thanks in advanced.

you write something from the actual ip, are you using a dyndns-service, because of a changing ip??
    If this is the point, there is a problem with dns-resolution, and this can not be corrected with restarting TS3-Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    you write something from the actual ip, are you using a dyndns-service, because of a changing ip??
    If this is the point, there is a problem with dns-resolution, and this can not be corrected with restarting TS3-Server.
    The IP isn't changing at all. This is a virtual server it's bring hosted on.

Are they running the required client version that supports TSDNS? (RC1 or RC2)

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Are they running the required client version that supports TSDNS? (RC1 or RC2)
    Yes, I've made all my users download the latest client

Thread Information