Forum

Help with 64 bit TS 3 Server Win 7 Please

Hello,

I have been running a server from my comp for at least a year and just a few days ago it stopped working. I cannot connect to it using anything except localhost and my friends can no longer connect to it.

I am an advanced user so the simple things like checking the ports, firewall, settings, and types of normal troubleshooting like these have all been attempted. Recently the only changes I have made were updating the client via the auto update. I have not seen a newer server update so i am using the most recent version.

It was working fine two days ago with the new client update so I cannot imagine this is the issue? I do use dyndns and have that setup properly but I have had my friends attempt to connect via WAN IP and that also has failed.

I've run out of ideas other then completely uninstalling and redoing but that's such a pain and doesn't make sense so hoping for a better idea. Appreciate it!

Has the LAN IP address of the computer running the server changed? If so, this will invalidate the port forwarding.

Nope it hasn't and I'll be magically it has begun working today and yes I did try restarting previously lol I guess I am going to have to chalk this up to charter being crap??? Only thing I can think of that could influence it at this point. Thanks anyways!

I got exactly the same problem.

got a fix wan IP
    Server 2008R2 64bit

only localhost is working

This is normal for most routers Evildog. Most routers will only allow you to use either localhost/127.0.0.1 or the LAN IP to connect to a server on your own network.

Yes, but its not the loopback problem with the Router. Connecting from a win7 client to the server within the same lan did not working too.

Well it made me out to be a liar.. idk maybe it is service provider related. Was working fine yesterday and this morning but now doing the exact same thing again with no changes... any ideas still?

Thread Information