Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server command line option for inifile mandatory now?

IIRC, in previous versions of the server, it would try to load the ts3server.ini file on its own even if you didn't specify the inifile parameter in the startup options. It seems like you now (rc1) must specify the inifile parameter even if ts3server.ini exists, otherwise the file is not loaded. Is this intended or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by maggy View Post
    It seems like you now (rc1) must specify the inifile parameter even if ts3server.ini exists, otherwise the file is not loaded. Is this intended or a bug?
    Nothing has changed...

As far as I know, you always had to specify the name of the config file if you wanted to use one. Otherwise, the server would start with the default values.

Just looking at the startup docs it seems that inifile has a default value, meaning that at some point that is the way it worked.

No it never changed. You always had to use the paramater inifile=ts3_server.ini to use an ini file for your server.

As ScP said it never ws changed. And default values are written into the file only, when it was created. This was meaned.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information